Help Bringing Sun Coral back to Life!

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by HollyG, Apr 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay1982

Jay1982 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Holly, what part of Canada are you from? I can recommend a good source for sun coral if you are closish

2. Click Here!

3. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Really? That quick? Sorry to hear that. Honestly, it didn't look bad in your picture. They just need a little spot feeding to get them going.

4. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

Yea. I was trying every method to spot feed it but it just wouldnt eat, I guess it just starved :(

Oh, and I'm in BC, Victoria.

5. Jay1982

Jay1982 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ah, I'm on the otherside of the country, lol. Phone JL when you are ready they have some healthy sun corals that a friend had shipped from them. 2 years later and his suns are doing fine.

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

when you said you lost it, what exactly did it look like. Unless all you see is a white skeleton, suncorals are one that can come back. I hope you didnt toss it. The picture did not seem that bad to loose it in 1 week.

Also IF you did truley loose it, I have found that babies tend to grow out of the skeleton. I had a dendro that I bought for very cheap, it had 1 head that looked like crap and 1 head that was just skeleton. In a matter of couple months, that skeleton filled in with 10 babies