helloo locals

Discussion in 'South Florida Reef Society' started by dand355, Mar 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

It been tough. Finding new ones. I started at all fish emporium (the old big al's in tamarac) but it is quiet a drive. I like tanks alot (small but clean selection). Went to Barrier reef in boca (seem nice but haven't purchase from them). How about you. I need some new stores. Upgrading to 120 gallon within the next week or two, getting everything in line ready to go to make the switch easier.

2. Click Here!

3. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

There is what used to be Kookaburra's over by the post office on Southern blvd.

I went in there the other day and they are hit and miss, the facility looks pretty bad compared to how good it used to run. If you hit them up on Fridays when there shipments come in you will have good luck on fish selection. Their pricing is extremely fair as well.

There is also Coral Seas off of Military by the new IHOP as well which was pretty good.

Put up some pics of your current setup

4. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

I will try to put pictures up tomorrow. I haven't put pictures up yet but i will give it a try. I have been to both Kookaburra's it doesn't look that good inside and makes me nervous to buy. Coral seas I have purchased before two clowns. There fish seem to be pretty good, prices ok. Just looking for a larger selection with out ordering online.

5. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

Yeah I agree, def nervous from buying from Kookaburra, their Damsels weren't even looking good...lol

I bought some cleaner shrimp from them the other day that just came in.

Check my other thread in this section about group buying online, since we are relatively close maybe we can partner up when ordering to save on shipping and get the selection we want.

6. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

7. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

Lets see if this works.

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

This is the new 120 AGA dual overflows RR 48x24x24. I made the stand custom. Two 24 x 18" deep cabinets on the sides (they are part of the stand). Stained with ebony minwax stain.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12 gallon ATO container on the right side.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

40 gallon breeder in the middle. Herbie method with RR overflows piped into 1 1/2, emergency overflow 1". Inside of stand painted white.
    Ehiem 1262 return pump, waiting on SWC extreme 200 skimmer. Custom sump/refugium. Skimmer/return/refug. setup. Ordering dual CFO/Carbon reactor from bulkreefsupply.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Left cabinet will house ReefKeeper Elite, DJ power strip, light balasts, etc. The hood can be opened from the front and the top will be able to be opened with piano hinge on top (front door comes off as do the fronts of all the cabinets. (4) 92mm fans 50cfms all blowing in/venting out top and back of hood. T5 54Watt x 8 bulbs with ATI bulbs.

I started the project in Jan. should be setting up in about 1 1/2 weeks due to going out of town next weeks.

10. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

Very Nice setups look forward to your progress!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

I'll keep you posted. Also interested in the group buying. Need to save money now. It's getting expensive.

12. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

Tell me about it..lol

I probably won't be ordering for another month or two.