Hello!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Lovemyreef2015, Mar 13, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015 Flamingo Tongue

I want to eventually switch to coral pro because of the higher elements it has. My husbands tank looks amazing and that's all he uses. I see personally how well his reef is doing. You don't want the salt mixing for more then 4 hours.. I've seen what it looks like if you do. But all in all I like reef crystals for now. It's cheap and works well. ( not easy to have this hobby and a growing 8 month old baby lol. :D

DSC reef and dacianb like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. greatwhitetang7

greatwhitetang7 Plankton

Salts don't generally cause calcium precipitation unless alk is boosted too high pushing the calc. Out of the water molecule bond .. This can happen using any salt but is generally the cause of ph buffers and is why you should always use a 2 part supplement for calc and alk .. Never had this happen .. And coral pro is supposed to be used immediately as it mixes clear .. Never mix it ahead of time .. Realistically this is with most salts ...

Lovemyreef2015 and DSC reef like this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Exactly! That's a big plus for me with this salt. I start mixing then do some cleaning maintenance and when I'm done 30-40 minutes later it's ready to go. I've been extremely pleased with this salt. We switched to the red sea blue bucket but lost a lot of color in doing so. Went back to coral pro and the reef looks great. We'll never switch again.

Lovemyreef2015 likes this.
  5. Oryo

Oryo Feather Duster

Welcome! Beautiful tank

DSC reef and Lovemyreef2015 like this.
  6. Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015 Flamingo Tongue

Thanks Oryo :)

DSC reef likes this.