Hello reef goddess here........

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by reef goddess, Sep 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reef goddess

reef goddess 3reef Sponsor

Some people have been trying to get me over here for awhile now, so I finally came. ;D I didn't realize there were so many FL people on here, no wonder they've been telling me to come over.

My husband Johnny and I live in Coral Gables, FL. We have 2 cats and 3 large reef aquariums. He works at Miami Children's Hosp as an RN and I farm corals at home. I'm a sponsor on nano-reef and I look forward to becoming one here soon.

Our tanks: we have three tanks, they are mainly glorified prop systems with only the 3x3' still looking like a display tank. We are planning to change that tank over to an all prop system soon too. These systems have been setup since last September, but I have had many of the corals and fish for at least 3-4 years.

We have a limited space to grow in so we try to use every square inch in our prop tanks. All these tanks are in one room and we have no display tank. All of our tanks have no center braces and only the 6x2.5 tank has euro-bracing.

1: 2.5x6'x15" deep Left side 400w 14k Reeflux MH, right side 175w 14k Iwasaki MH (burns more like a 12 or 10k) with Lumenbrite reflectors. We have one return outlet towards the left center of the tank and two large powerheads on each end so all areas of the tank get lots of circular flow. Our photoperiod is 12 hrs and we feed the tanks about 3 times per day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2: 2x3'x14" deep. This started out as more of a holding tank that I now use to grow out a lot of softy frags. We will be upgrading the lights to MH soon as it just has 4 T5's at the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 3x5x15" deep. Part of this tank has a built in sump like the first tank. Lighting 1: 250w 14k Phoenix HQI, really needs to be changed. Out of the three tanks, this one holds the most of our "display" stuff. However we will be switching this tank over to prop only within the next month or so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Wow......now those are the kind of pics I like. Very impressive. Keep 'em comin' and welcome to 3reef you goddess you.

4. JupiterSailfish

JupiterSailfish Peppermint Shrimp

Those are some amazing setups! Welcome aboard. I'm like an hour north, glad to see some more Floridians lately.

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

WOW;D! Looks cool. Welcome to 3reef! Luna, did you send out fliers or something.::)

6. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Purple Spiny Lobster

Morgan...............Welcome. It's John! About time you found us!

Now..........where's my tank LOL!!

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef.

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Welcome o 3reef! :wave: very nice tanks, can't wait until you're a sponsor!

10. reef goddess

reef goddess 3reef Sponsor

Thanks all! See you on Friday Johnny!!! ;]

11. M&T

M&T Astrea Snail

12. studlylilmouse

studlylilmouse Astrea Snail

awsome tanks i like very much, welcome and look forward to seeing you as a sponsor