hello , new to the hobbie and have some in the tank

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by agent77, Jan 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. agent77

agent77 Astrea Snail

:eek:new to the site and hobby , went out and did the impulse buy and buy and buy ;D went to the store and bought everything but the fish . I have be up and running since dec 10 2008 . Started out with 60lbs of liverock and on jan 1 I now have about 160lbs live rock 2 250 hqi , 2 96 actinic blue and 4 1w blue moons . In my tank there is 2watchman goby 2scooter blenny 1 jawfish 1 firefish or dartfish 1 black blennie 1 blue tang 2 clowns 4 seahorses 1 seahare 1 banded pipefish 3 sand sifting stars 1 orange lik star 20 turbo snails 10 astreas and 20 pacific nassa snails (which are my favorite as its like night of the living dead when you feed ) There is also 1 orange fan sponge 1 toadstool 3 sun corals (black,orange and yellow) 2 gorgornians 10 red scarlet hermits along with 10 blue leg hermits a sea cucumber 3 crocea clams 7 polyp duncan tree coral and one big pain anenome that I havent figured out what kind yet as it arrived with the live rock . I have alot going on in my tank and am learning day and night about it . MAIN THING IS EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE GREAT .

2. Click Here!

3. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

Welcome to 3Reef!
    wow seems like allot for a new tank.
    what size is the tank?

4. bc219

bc219 Millepora

How big is your tank??? What kind of filtration system do you have?? You stocked it very very fast. It might be ok right now but you better be keeping a close eye on everything.

5. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

Welcome to the reef!

6. agent77

agent77 Astrea Snail

its a 105 g with a 40g sump with a sock filter , super skimmer , uv twist and ya its alot for a new tank . I didnt do much research before buying anything and didnt know it was a bad idea to stock fast like that .I cant really return all my fishs and corals now but will be doing my best and doing research to take care of my new friends . I am testing everyday and watching everything to make sure there not stressed . I have just set up 20 g hospital tank (is doing its cycle now)and I am planning to set up 50g refuge for macro and mangrove and will be running into main tank with hang on the back overflow . (waiting for parts to come ) oh and I am getting a ro/di system from family member .

7. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to 3reef 77!!!!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

oh wow that's one busy tank!! What are you're levels at!? good luck and keep your eyes peeled!! I'm worried about those sea horses you mentioned:(

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef.

1 person likes this.
  11. juliew

juliew Coral Banded Shrimp

Welcome to 3reef!! Looking forward to seeing some pics!

12. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

Hello and welcome to 3reef cant wait to see some pictures of your set up.