Hello from TANKED!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by iheartpuffers, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shusi

shusi Plankton

Awesome! Love that show! Welcome!

2. Click Here!

3. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

Mr. Saltwater Tank interviewed Brett from Tanked, and it shed some light on the show. Remember that the show isn't made for us, it is made for the general public. There aren't enough saltwater folks to support a TV show.

What we saw on the show the first season was completely under Animal Planet's control. The show was pure entertainment, and as much about the (seemingly staged) interaction between the employees as it was about the tanks. So while we work to get our tanks from point A to point Z without skipping any letters in between, Animal Planet was only interested in showing A and then skipping to Z. We never get to see B through Y.

Brett stated in the video interview that the next season will be different. Animal Planet will be giving them more time to show more on what goes into setting up a tank.

They have been in business for 15 years, and are one of the largest businesses of their kind in the world. I don't see how they would still be in business, and people spending that kind of money with them, if they did a crappy job.

I'm looking forward to next season.

1 person likes this.
  4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

5. Alohastate335i

Alohastate335i Fire Worm

Love this show! My gf said my face lit up when I first saw the commercial lol!

6. Thor

Thor Coral Banded Shrimp

Welcome to 3Reef! I am encouraged that a producer would take the time to join a forum like this to learn more about the hobby, the people in it, and the passion they have for the life forms they are so passionate about keeping healthy.

Even if you are not joining this to start up a tank of your own (although personally I hope you do as it is a very rewarding hobby), there is still tons to learn. A lot of very experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate folks on here that give their time to help folks learn about reefing. Take advantage of the knowledge!

Welcome again, it is great to have you here!

7. Bustopher

Bustopher Skunk Shrimp

How about a disbeliever? :p
    I am on the same page. I was hoping that it was someone that had just caught the bug from being around the subject matter. But it now it seems more commercial.

People need to realize what a PA does.
    Production assistant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Usually doesn't have much say in how something is produced. So, the complaints are falling on deaf ears.

Welcome none the less. Hopefully the hobby will grow on you and your interest will be more vested then work related.

8. Click Here!

9. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Welcome To 3reef
    nice to see Tanked on here this could be cool and love the show have every one dvrd lol

10. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

Welcome, etc....

I can understand the skeptics here... 2 concerns: is this a troll, and if not, what's the angle?

iheatpuffers, it might help to alleviate the concerns before you get an undeserved (I hope) bad rap. If you haven't already, contact Matt Rodgers, or one of the mods from some official email address. It's one thing to be someone and no one knows it, it's another to claim it publicly, especially if it's not true... I'm sure if inwall or matt knows who you are, they will post and settle THAT issue. Although PA isn't very high on the ladder, it's still relatively high profile around here, and I'm sure you know that drill.

As for your motives/intentions.... I have no say in the rules, but I can certainly opine. I think it's great anyone from the show has a serious interest in the hobby. I get the show, I don't really watch it often, but it's fun. I think it's up to Matt if he wants to allow solicitation of ideas/talent/products for Tanked!, but if you're just here to learn more about salt water tanks in general it doesn't matter who you are or what you do in your day job. IF you are in a position to influence the shows production and bring them information that is of use to the show, and if that information is sourced from 3reef.org or its members you may want to see what Matt has to say about getting mention in the extended credits or maybe have 3reef on one of the computers during a filming.... something like that. I know if i owned 3reef I would be stoked to see it on TV, even in passing.

Anyways... that's all.

Again, welcome. As for now, as far as I'm concerned, you're just another person with a job in a related field....

-Doug

11. chelltom

chelltom Skunk Shrimp

Awesome ditto