Hello from TANKED!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by iheartpuffers, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

so is this season over???? if so that was quick my dvr says there are no more to record

2. Click Here!

3. msr224

msr224 Plankton

interesting.....any credentials to show us who you are? This could be an interesting thread but not if it's a waste of time.....

Pardon the skepticism but it's not typically in a channels best interest to show reality. It's typically better for them to "spice" things up via the cutting room floor and reenactment with embellishment.

4. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Welcome, for all its faults, i enjoy the show... have not seen it for a while and thought it might have been taken off. Hope it hasn't.

5. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Come on folks,

I don't blame the guy for not responding if he is part of the show. With all of the hostility in a "Say Hello" thread it's understandable. Regardless of liking or disliking I would assume we would show all newcomers the same welcome!

6. iheartpuffers

iheartpuffers Plankton

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And no, this isn't a hoax, I've just been busy with meetings and casting haha

(as a side note, the tanks are cycled, you just don't see it on the show)

7. iheartpuffers

iheartpuffers Plankton

The season is over, but we're getting ready for season 2 right now which will air this spring. Glad you like the show!

8. Click Here!

9. sjnovakovich

sjnovakovich Bristle Worm

I'm a fan. I had to believe the tanks were cycled. Nobody is going to spend that kind of money on a setup just to end up with a tank full of incredibly expensive carcasses.

I love the trips to the supplier in LA!

10. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

how do they cycle the tanks before moving everything? i see this mostly with the substrate being moved causes die off and toxic gases to be released as the air pockets are broken. Is there atleast a mini cycle after the whole move?

11. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Season one is over and it was 5 episodes.
    Season two was said to be 13 episodes but word is it has now been increased to 20.
    As a side note, the show was so successful, ther will soon be a rival show on another competing network.

12. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Nope, there doesn't have to be. I've tore down and out back up 13 tanks 4 times in the past 6 years. My tanks never had a mini cycle.