Hello from Southern CA

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Vu Nguyen, Oct 26, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vu Nguyen

Vu Nguyen Flamingo Tongue

I am planning to very ....soon...

2. Click Here!

3. Vu Nguyen

I started out with the "finding nemo" movie. I went to a local fish store and fell in love with the tomato clown.... Never seen any fish that bright.
    Then I saw an ads on CL.... Bought a 6 gallon jbj nano cube with 2 clowns and 2 blue neon gobbies and a bunch of easy corals.......
    Then I went to a 12 gallon then 28 gallon then 55 gallon....Going to an 87 gallon soon. I was buying too much corals thinking they will not grow. I kept buying and stuck them in any corner I could find. Well they do grow and here is the situation..I have absolutely no room,

[​IMG]

I have learnt a great deal since the 6 gallons JBJ. I made a lot of reefer friends.....I am still learning everyday....

DSC reef likes this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Very cool. Looks like a cross between a Duncan and bubble tip nem.

5. Vu Nguyen

Lol. I was like a bunch of boobies. After 3 years in my tank, it turned into that.....

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

tank looks great! I was thinking the same thing about the centerpiece - it looks like a giant duncan head

7. Vu Nguyen

it was like this...Too much flow?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Nice stuff, welcome to 3Reef!

Vu Nguyen likes this.
  10. Six2seven

Six2seven Plankton

Hello, if anyone from SoCal would like to attend our next club meeting here is the info.

The next LARS meeting will be Sunday November 8th at 6pm.

Topic: Setting up an Neptune Apex.

Many people do not have their Apex set up correctly. Some of you bought the apex for all that it does but have only set it up as an expensive timer. We will setting up an apex, step by step to an internet connection, and setting it up on apex fusion. We will have our computer on our LARS projector for everyone to see every detail clearly. If you have, have just bought, or are thinking of buying an Apex, this is a meeting you need to be at.

As part of the demonstration, we will be opening an APEX Jr, setting it up and will Raffles off the Apex Jr at the end of the meeting. Raffles tickets are $1 so you can win an APEX Jr for $1. Can't go wrong there. Don't miss out on this cool raffle prize and many others.

The LARS meeting will be at a new location for this month and new time 6pm. Ocean Marine Sales in Covina will be hosting us in their large back room for our presentation. We will have a BBQ with free food. Food TBD. Ocean Marine Sales has plenty of room for us all and plenty of parking and will be donating items including a Tank for our raffle.

A Piece of the Ocean will be donating an awesome frag pack for this months member raffle! If you guys bought coral from Matt at Reef-a-palooza then you know what kind of awesome coral he has.

Come on out and hang out with fellow reefers. Local clubs are a great place to network. We all have problems with our tanks and talking to other reefers might give you some ideas to make your tank better. Everyone is welcome, bring whomever you would like to accompany you. No pressure to join or participate.

We will have our club Frag Tank set up for members to sell/trade coral. Members will also have a chance at an exclusive free member raffle. Members also get to borrow the clubs new Par Meter! Sign up at the meeting. There is only one person on the list at the moment.

Don't forget to check out our web site at www.LAreefsociety.org

11. granocompany

granocompany Astrea Snail

Nice! I like tanks with one big main coral or a few the same smaller ones

Vu Nguyen likes this.