Hello from PA ... Nano Cube questions

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mrhighline, Jul 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

A what and a what?!?

2. Click Here!

3. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

Not really sure what you meant by that last post ... Added an Aqueon Circulation pump today. It seems to move the water around ALOT more than just the stock pump. The sand has sorta kicked up and is moving around on the bottom ... Will this slow as I add more rock? I also got my confirmation from John @Reef Cleaners ... My rock will ship tomorrow!

Also I have the pump mounted on the side of the tank facing the other side ... Is there a better location or is this fine?

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That should be fine depending on what your final rock work looks like.

5. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Here's a few pics of mine so you have an idea you see o have all my power heads up top going in different directions. Sorry for crappy cell phone pics too.

Attached Files:

6. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

ooh.. nice looking tank you got there.

7. dskyers

Thanks soon his will be running past my baby lol

8. Click Here!

9. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

I don't know about all that ... My girlfriend is already sick of hearing about all the cool stuff I'm learning about. When I get my rock in I'll post some new pics. Also it's been 2 days and theres some haze on the inside of the tank ... What's safe to use to wipe it down?

10. dskyers

Yea u can wipe it off. And don't worry about the gf my Wifey could care less also. Usually its going to be you and your tank. It's yours to enjoy and trust enough people here who care lol

11. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

True that! Her only request is clown fish ... Speaking of those, is it better to have a pair or just one? Should I just use my hand or a paper towel or a fresh sponge??

12. dskyers

Lol that's usually the case. I had one for six months and just added the other. When he was alone he seemed lonely IMO. But remember your maxin out at three or four fish. So that's two right there so get a nice pair. Check out member pickels thered that's up now he should have some soon!

As far as cleaning your going to need a mag float or there is some mew thing called flipper I think lol your going to need so get it its cheap.