Hello from PA ... Nano Cube questions

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mrhighline, Jul 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

Cool. I'll order some of the dry stuff, how soon is too soon to add some crabs or invertabrates?

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

after you get all the rock in, a week or two then you can add the cleanup crew.

4. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Yup wait two weeks I know it seems like forever lol. Bit you will see stuff happen tank will start to turn brown from diatoms will eventually go away then maybe some cyno witch Is red and like a blanket on sand that's a pain so make sure u have good flow. If u want to get stuff and I'm sure u do buy equipment. Your power heads your testing stuff get some 2 part to dose tank with calcium. A heater if u need one. Something better than the hang on salt thing u got going lol maybe new bulbs if u bought tank used. Some meds like coral rx dip and iodine some garlic drops. That kinda stuff Then a clean up crew from reefcleaners then you can begin your never ending buying fish and coral adventure.

5. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

Scored at Reef Cleaners! 65 dollars for 30lbs and found a 5 dollar off coupon code. 60 bucks shipped!!! Thanks Guys!

6. dskyers

Yup just saved 60 bucks and there way more legit and helpful remember them for your clean up crew if u email and tell them your grand idea they will put it all together for u

7. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

That just popped up after my order! I filled it out and sent it in ... Is the pump in my tank enough circulation or do I need a powerhead?

8. Click Here!

9. dskyers

They say 50x over lol I have my return and three power heads. Two nano 240 korilla and a marine land 550 so that's on u what u chose but yes u need some. Check out Cl also this hobby gets expensive and is worth looking for deals.

10. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

Thanks for all the awesome info. Can't thank you guys enough!!!!

11. dskyers

Very welcome good luck

12. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

A powerhead can really never hurt. Depends on the coral you choose to get.

sorry for misspelling before my iphone is a little slow...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012