Hello from coastal New Hampshire!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Chris Howard, Jan 6, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I wish I could see a bigger image of the older system. I remember those older systems well. FYI I almost did the rolling cart as well but I ended up buying the stand that went with the tank, I love the idea though. Having been using the Innovative Marine Skimmer for about 5 days now, so far I am happy that it's producing skim on a cycling tank with no live stock and I have no micro bubbles.

Look forward to seeing how you like the Kessil.

2. Click Here!

3. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

My only thought, but I am sure at this point you have already thought about it, is with the cabinet you should make sure the casters can hold the weight as well.

4. Chris Howard

Chris Howard Plankton

Glad to hear about the Innovative Marine skimmer. I will dig up better images of my old tank--that pic at the top is one of the only ones I seemed to have taken of the whole thing. Here are a few more from different times--years apart.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Chris Howard

Chris Howard Plankton

Thanks! They look pretty beefy, but I don't really know how much weight the casters can hold. I upgraded the bolts holding the cabinet together. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just upgrade the casters.

I just realized I forgot to post pics of my actual cabinet. Here's what it looks like tonight with the UPS in the cabinet:

[​IMG]

Corailline and mdbostwick like this.
  6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

So what direction is this tank going in? You seemed to have planned out the details, you must have a livestock plan as well. ;) Thanks for the bigger images, very cool.

7. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Something tells me that the nano is only foreshadowing something bigger. Good job on the planning.

Chris Howard likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Chris Howard

Chris Howard Plankton

Just starting to put something together on the biological side, but not as detailed as the hardware plan unfortunately. It's such a small tank, so no fish, no anemones. I may go with a tridacna clam as a center piece, but I want to see how the Kessil light works out first. After that I may just stick to relatively easy-to-keep but colorful zoanthids, possibly a shrimp or two. The small size--and small total amount of seawater--is my main concern, so I will probably stock it slowly.

10. Chris Howard

Chris Howard Plankton

Thanks! I hope so!