Heeeeeeeeelp!!!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by volleygirlie2414, Dec 27, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volleygirlie2414

volleygirlie2414 Astrea Snail

Uuuuuuuuum kay, that's very true...the pantyhose didn't work :( sad me

But, I have another question...I have a scooter blenny...he is sooo cute, but I am afraid he is getting too skinny...does anyone have a pic of a scooter blenny belly so I can decide if JORDAN (the blenny) is too skinny?? It would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!!

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

You didn't mention that you had a scooter blenny. If you don't have a refugium, you will need to continue feeding that fish mysis shrimp, assuming it will eat it. Do you see your scooter eating frozen food or no? Here's a picture of my red scooter.

[​IMG]

4. Scott Osborne

Scott Osborne Feather Duster

FYI. Polycheate worms are an important portion of the ecosystem of your marine tank. There possitive effects far out weight any negativity. I would really advise you dont do anything to kill them. There in their for a reason. You have an abundance of them for a reason. More than likely they are a result of your husbandry. Its nearly futile to remove one or two because for every one you see you probably have 10.

The Scooter Blenny as its incorrectly called is actually a scooter Dragonet that is a close relative of the Madarin Dragonet. They feed almost exclusively on copepods. Generally there only recommended for large well established systems with refugiums. I do know of people who get them to eat frozen but they are few and far between.

5. volleygirlie2414

Hallelujah...just when I thought all was bleak and poor Jordan was gonna die, I saw him eating mysis shrimp tonight...I jumped for joy...so yeah, he is still skiiiinny, but at least he got desperate enough to eat frozen mysis...so how often should I feed the lil guy??

6. volleygirlie2414

cuuuuute red scooter by the way!! :)

7. volleygirlie2414

Oh, and also...Polycheate worms = bristle worm??

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Scott Osborne

Scott Osborne Feather Duster

Yes Bristleworms are a species of Polycheate worms. As are the commonly confused Fireworms. They look similar to bristleworms but these are the worms that sting.

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Every day and make sure that he gets more than one or two shrimp. Feed your other fish first to distract them then squirt some shrimp near the scooter blenny so that he can get to it easily

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Good Job!

Enjoy...

12. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Them are some cute fish.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.