Heater/Fan Controller

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by N_Smith, Aug 5, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. N_Smith

N_Smith Plankton

Hey all,
    Tomorrow I am receiving a shipment of seahorses (before anyone asks, they're from seahorsesource.com, so yes, captive bred), and I am trying to keep my tank temperature under control in a nice, hot Florida. My fan and heater are more than capable of doing this, but babysitting them to keep the temperature in the lower 70s isn't an option. We aren't in a financial situation to buy an apex or reefkeeper right now, so I need something to control both my fan and heater. Any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i guess a timmer set on the peak hours of heat during the day?

4. N_Smith

N_Smith Plankton

Maybe, but that takes a lot of planning and the temperature fluctuates a lot like today, it's cool outside, meaning upstairs, where our thermostat is, it's cool, making where the tank is downstairs warmer.

5. Swisswiss

yeah its not going to be an exact science, try to get several temperature readings throughout the day and have the timer turn the heater off/fan on during the warmer times of the day. i dont see what else you could do aside having someone present to manually turn the equipment on and off....

6. Swisswiss

i guess there would be no harm in running the fan constantly if things tend to get hot... so long as the heater does its job (if it needs to at all) we had a heat wave here in Switzerland and i literally unplugged my heater during the day... water stayed at a constant 27 °c...

7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang