Heard a great rumor about Clear FX pro and how awesome it is!....

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by cosmo, Jun 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Taken from Blue Life websight:

Granular Activated Carbon (GAC):

CLEAR FX PRO contains a coal based granular activated carbon (GAC). The product offers the hardest carbon available that will still work when used in water. The high surface area and durability of our unique carbon allows CLEAR FX PRO to last longer and prevent deterioration over time. Unlike other carbon based filtration medias, the extremely low ash content of CLEAR FX PRO will not lead to hole in the head or lateral line disease within your aquarium.

Hybrid Phosphate Removing Resin:

CLEAR FX PRO introduces a new and exciting technology to the phosphate removal process. Unlike competing medias, CLEAR FX PRO uses a hybrid resin that works more effectively than Granular Ferric Oxide (GFO) phosphate removers. The resin’s spherical beaded structure will not clump or clog. The long lasting, high capacity resin absorbs phosphates in half the time as a standard GFO and will not release phosphates back into the water after reaching maximum capacity.

Organic Scavenger Resin

The scavenger resin in CLEAR FX PRO attracts your tanks organics, effectively controlling ammonia, nitrate and nitrite levels. The organic scavenger resin has a macro-porous design that will not clog as quickly as competing organic removers. The resin works hand-in-hand with our GAC to deliver clarity, stability and health to your aquarium water.

Benefits:

- Crystal clear water

- Removes: odors, tannins, phenols, gases, pollutants, CO2, phosphates (PO4), silicates (SIO2), copper, metals and nitrogenous organic waste

- Does not actively remove essential trace elements

- Raises Redox (ORP) significantly

- Controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates

- Removes contaminants and irritants harmful to coral, compounds carbon can’t remove alone, light blocking impurities and organics that degrade water quality by reducing oxygen

- Stimulates coral and plant growth

- Stabilizes pH (buffers without shock to fish)

- Will not release organics back into tank once exhausted

- Decreases need for water changes

2. Click Here!

3. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

Your Welcome. Big Als had it the cheapest I had seen. I as well bought 3 containers. I am hoping it arrives today. I am still wondering whether I should but it in my reactor that I am running carbon right now or just in the first section of my sump.

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i had it in a high flow area first and didnt see any ph or alk changes, and i found it to work so much better in a reactor. in the reactor it stabilized my ph and alk. that i could not get in line. i so far have it in the reactor still in its bag. maybe one day i will get brave and just dump it in? I'm hopping someone else does first...lol will that be you? hehe :)
    i worry about the fines getting into my water. so i leave it in the bag.

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

clear fx pro is now bag free in the reactor. with some added gfo. i contacted blue life and was told to just add filter floss to the reactor so the resins don't escape.
    i also run my outlet from the reactor threw a sock. so for those who are concerned about any particles escaping thats an idea for you. ( i do this for gfo fines anyway)
    Ariel was very helpful, and told me that the 450ml sized bag removes 3 ppms of phosphates per 50 gallons.
    now i can see I'm really going threw phosphates in my tank. yikes what if i never did any thing to rid them what would my tank be at... :( its at 0.16 when i changed my stuff the other day.
    anyway the clear fx pro mixed with extra gfo is moving very slightly in the reactor and has separated to different levels. but all is staying down at the bottom. i recommend filling the reactor with ro/di water and letting it sit an hour to get it all wet and heavy whichs helps keeping it all low in the reactor when you slowly turn the water on to the reactor.

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

update for those interested . removing the clear fx pro from its bag did not work for me. the reactor has already clogged and has no water coming out of it. i am using a aquamaxx reactor with a 356 gph pump , with the pump turned up to max it still will not budge the clear fx pro. and no water flows threw. i will return to placing it in the reactor in its bag. this is the same old thing that always seems to happen with carbon and gfo in a reactor. maybe the sponge is clogged and keeping it from working anyway. in the bag there are no issues.
    i should have figured something was wrong with the reactors flow when my ph kept dropping. normally the clear fx has kept the ph very stable. last few days i have had to add buffer . now i think i know why

the sponge was clogged. as always seems to happen with carbon and gfo. so much easier in the bag in the reactor

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

thx for the updates;) gonna order when get I home

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

reactor is flowing and ph low last night was back where it should be at 8.0 it was dropping to 7.8 when the reactor clogged... amazing.

10. NanaReefer

I've been running the 450ml CFX Pro in a Tom aquarium Rapids mini canister filter-80gph, for 2 weeks now.
    2 things I've for sure noticed. First is the lessening of film algae on my glass. Second is the cyano in my fuge has slowed in growth. Other things I've noticed but cannot definitely attribute to the CFX Pro is 1 zoa species was expelling brown poop yesterday. This I've never seen them do. I'm also noticing a difference in several of my other zoa's. They seem to be shrinking :(
    Parameters as of yesterday are: ca=440-alk=8.4-mag=1400 and PH 8.2
    If the zoa's continue shrinking/melting I will discontinue using CFX Pro and see if they rebound.

On second thought and sitting here looking at a particular colony of zoa's ( my favorites) I'm going to stop using the CFX Pro today.
    Before ClearFx Pro: [​IMG]

2 weeks after beginning ClearFx Pro:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  11. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

whats your phosphates? and whats the water volume of your tank? keep in mind the clear fx pro has phosphate remover in it.

12. NanaReefer

Po4 would be undetectable using any test kit and totally irrelivent in this case.
    However twv and the size of the CFX may be the issue. To much of a good thing maybe. Zoa's don't like extreme clean :)