Heard a great rumor about Clear FX pro and how awesome it is!....

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by cosmo, Jun 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I know Jim personally-trust him with my tank-if he says it works then I believe him :)

2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

big al's sale is the lowest i have ever seen clear fx pro. have 3 in my cart, trying to figure out what else i need so i can get free shipping . they also have magi clean on sale. that stuff works great! for those with a uv sterilizer that gets calcium build up on the sleeve, just sprinkle some of the magi clean on a wet paper towel, wipe the sleeve with it and it wipes the calcium right off. great on cleaning pumps also, as per the directions ... :) it works far better than vinegar.

4. NanaReefer

It has arrived!! 225ml rated for salt water tanks up to 25g and good for 4 months. Fresh water tanks up to 50g for 6 months.

I'll be starting this today using the Tom HOB Canister filter. It has a GPH of 80. I don't know the exact TWV of my tank but it's not over 26g's for sure. Here's a lil extra info if anyone's interested in this product.
    http://www.bluelifeusa.com/CLEARFxPRO-450ml
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341588657.321531.jpg

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Just keep in mind it's gfo and gac (with another type of polymer)the useful life will probably be much less depending on the amount of phosphate and organics in the water.

6. NanaReefer

Are their *special* prices always like that?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  7. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

Nanareefer, i think they switch the sale items up a bit, i bought my radion light from them and after that started to buy from them since they have some good prices on some of the items i use. i seen this thread and Aaron.herk say big al's had the clear fx pro, i didn't even know they carried it. and the sale made me grab 3, plus some other items i will need..

thanks Aaron.herk

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i agree, honestly i don't think it will last anyone 4 months. I'm sure it will last a lot of people longer than it does me, with high bio load it only lasts 2 months. but i change mine out when i change my gfo ( 6 weeks). i could go another 2 weeks but i like doing most maintenance at one time, if i can. how i know it needs to be changed is the tanks ph starts to drop. for some reason this clear fx pro seems to keep my ph and alk in line. and has made it so i don't have to do much for that. once in a while i have to raise alk, but not to often.

10. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

So are there 12 pouches in that one can?

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Trust ya nana, just keep me informed, prob gonna get some when I get back from vaca;)

Sounds like we have some guinea pigs;) hope you're wrong, wont be surprised if you're not though. But even if it only lasts 6 weeks, I'm fine with it for the all inclusive properties

2 months is GREAT IMO for all that it sounds like ti does

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

no there is one pouch in a can