Heard a great rumor about Clear FX pro and how awesome it is!....

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by cosmo, Jun 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx for all the info everyone! Nana keep us updated once ya start running it;)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Ditto,thanks everyone for the input.

I think i'm gonna be one of the next guinea pigs and give this a try,I'll be making an order in the next couple weeks.I plan to try it first passively,my remora has the preskimmer box with a media compartment and I will do away with my canister filter altogether since i'll be adding a much needed hob fuge around the same time.Curiousity is getting the best of me.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Please let us know how it works for you bud.8)

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Absolutely ;)

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Too bad its not entirely accurate. There is oversight of many facets of this "industry". Yes, supplements, equipment and the likes are not highly regulated, but animal feeds are highly regulated by 51 different agencies (50 states, USDA - actually 52 if you count FDA for medicated feeds). Medication is regulated by 51 agencies (50 states, FDA).

Then there is the fact that if a product harms your aquarium, does not live up to the claims, etc, you can take them to court.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Come on, shameless bump, who else wants to be a guinea pig???? Its kinda sounding promising.

8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Thanks for this clarification Gresham. Considering I only use Reef Nutrition Feed, I never had to think about if your portion of the industry was regulated! :)

10. smoyer

smoyer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

looking for information too...tagging along

11. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I think I may give it a try as well.

12. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I made some more calls and talked with someone who helped develop the product. This product was in development nearly 2 years ago. Basically he stated that the it has 3 components:

super carbon: A high quality activated carbon
    hybrid phosphate resin: Similar to Brightwells Xport-PO4
    organic scavenger resin: Similar something like SeaChem Purigen but different in chemical make-up.

As I thought, the product was designed to compete with the Boyd Chemipure Elite. Interesting thing is that he said 60+ percent of the organics removal is done by the organics scavenging resin and He also feels that the carbon was never really needed. He claimed that the resin outperforms the carbon and has none of the negative problems associated with the use of carbon (most notably HLLE on tangs). All in all, He praised the product and since I really respect his opinion as he has always been straight with me, I'm gonna give it a try.

1 person likes this.