Heard a great rumor about Clear FX pro and how awesome it is!....

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by cosmo, Jun 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Sorry Cosmo. I just like to remind people that supplements for our industry are not regulated and companies can pretty much say what they want about their products. I agree it takes reefers who have used the product to ultimately tell us whether they work as described.Also I would be very hesitant to run a polymer covered GFO in a reactor as they will tend to break apart and I am not sure if anyone knows exactly what issues that may cause.;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Probably people who want to know exactly what they are using in their tank.I don't mind storing jars if I am able to use products that I have experience with and the ability to change the ammounts of each media to coincide with the tanks needs. I would love to hear though of the experiences of some of our reefers because being able to throw away a few jars is always a bonus in this hobby.;)

4. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I was under the impression that the whole benefit of polymer coated GFO is that it does not break apart and add iron to the system.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

no sorry's necessary at all, thats the stuff I wanna hear. I'd rather have this thread, and know what to expect, than to have ASAP, "Help I used Pro FX and now everything is dying!!!" thread;)

Still hoping someone has been running this stuff.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Me too G. But according to this company.

the filter media is best run passively versus a reactor since the particle will naturally separate

It is possible that they are reffering to the organic removing particle,or the carbon, as I thought the whole point of the polymer was to keep that from happening. Sorry but looking at it again they don't actually specify which particles they are refering to I am pretty sure they must be referring to the carbon.

7. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

But I think that has to do with the fact that is is multiple types of media and most likely different sizes and densities. We know that this media is made up from multiple types of media, at least that is how I understand it. Kind of how the smaller or heavier media will go to the bottom and larger or lighter media will stay up top. I just donth think they are referring to the media itself desitigrating of breaking into smaller particles.

I had a long talk with one of the principles of Blue Life. They claim that there was extensive testing done on the product and there was no negative impact on the aquariums. I can also comment that the person is also an owner of one of the largest wholesalers in the industry so I'm sure their tanks were the beta testers.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I feel like this statement is like beating a dead horse. I just wish more hobbyists would understand this. In this hobby, creative writing will sell product!

1 person likes this.
  10. Vinnyboombatz

That makes perfect sense to me and I was just about to edit my post as in seperate do they mean seperate?LOL I know if you tumble carbon it will fall apart so this is what confuses me about that statement.Maybe the problem arises since the carbon is lighter then the GFO it would rise to the top of the reactor and start tumbling more? Subscribed. Hopefully more users will chime in.

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

We could post it at the start of every product thread but it still would not be in everyone's mind.

1 person likes this.
  12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol, yeah, thats why I started this, anytime you read that somethings all puppy dogs, kittens, rainbows, and free money, ya have to stop and do some research, I've seen way too many threads of crashed tanks because someone got on the bandwagon without asking questions first.

1 person likes this.