Heard a great rumor about Clear FX pro and how awesome it is!....

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by cosmo, Jun 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i use it at what is close to recommended . so using it at a lesser amount (1/4) i wonder if you will even see effects from it?

2. Click Here!

3. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Great news to see that this is out! My friend who worked on the Clear FX Pro also worked on this product, so I expect it will be similar if not identical. Best part is Aquamaxx products seem to be priced so reasonably usually undercutting their competitors prices big time!

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Nice to see you here Richard.

5. smoyer

smoyer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

6. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I decided to try this today. Ironically I missed this thread, just read the whole thing. I believe my phosphates being high was the reason I have lost most of my coralline algae. In the past I have battled cyano and I temperately use a phosphate and silicate remover. I believe this is similar and decided to run it in a home made reactor as I did previously. I will let you know what my results will be.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Well, I've been using it after a mini crash, and DANG, my tank has gone nuts, corals are growing alot faster, and my corrialline is becoming a nuisance;) Seems like a great product so far.

8. Click Here!

9. smoyer

Actually some PO4 can help grow coralline algae. Those purple up additives have phosphates in them. Figure out what's adding PO4 and eliminate. Usually if cyano is an issue it means you don't have enough beneficial bacteria in your system.

10. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Part of my reasoning of trying this product was some algae that has recently appeared. I believe that this algae is over taking the good coralline that I am after. Please see attached pic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355426103.780990.jpg

11. smoyer

No doubt that this product could not hurt. I current use GFO to control PO4 and I also only use RODI in my tank. I am following this thread because I am interested in using this product.
    A couple of years ago I had a system that kept getting cyano. I did everything to try to get rid of in. What finally worked was add some bio balls to my sump. Apparently, I didn't have enough beneficial bacteria in my system.
    Don't know if this will help you or not but more and more people are using less and less rock in their tanks. I can't help to think that not having enough surface area to culture bacteria can be contributing to some people's cyano issues. Just saying

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012