Hawkfish ID

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by nrs89, Nov 7, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

That fire shrimp better be sleeping with one eye open! :snore1: [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. nrs89

nrs89 Plankton

Yeah !!! :victory:

Good job mate.

Um my hawkfish is about 11 cm long. I nicknamed it pixie as that was the species name it was sold under and because its ironic as the fish acts like anything but a pixie. In fact i bought it when it was young and well... its an absolute weapon now. He destroys/eats anything that is edible or sometimes for its own amusement. Its never ever seems to get full. It hates anything smaller than it and will always re-affirm to every other fish im my tank except my trigger and tang that he is top dog... er fish rather.

4. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

We love hawks, we have a flame hawk in our 72..He has not bothered our peppermint, coral banded, or cleaner shrimp, however, we were not so lucky with our spotted hawk in our 29. Before we removed him he killed a Cleaner and ate a peppermint.

Our flame is too busy keeping out of the way of our Kole and Hippo Tangs plus they tend to be the least agressive of all hawks. Its a different story for the spotted. He now in his own tank...

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

6. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie