Have you ever owned a Goldfish?

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 16, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Have you ever owned a Goldfish?

1. Yes.

72.6%
  2. No.

27.4%
  1. Zectra

Zectra Feather Duster

Yeah I owned one, I took that son of a gun to school down in Chinatown, I ate him raw!!!

2. Click Here!

3. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

very true i think everyone has kept a gold fish at some point in the hobby because you get a gold fish and then go to the fish store for another gold fish and then see something better and at that point right there your hooked long live reefs

4. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

Well, I keep them and other fish plus a marine tank. I have to honestly say if you don't have the time to spend with them and research their proper needs then they aren't for you. GF are very social and enjoy contact with those who care for them..Those who hated GF in my life have since gained much respect for them.

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Never owned any freshwater fish, just jumped right in to salt water. I was originally thinking about starting a freshwater tank, but after looking at the fish compared to saltwater, it was a no contest. So I went from wanting to start a freshwater tank, to a FOWLR to what I have now, a reef. (of course after doing my homework). Never regreted it.

6. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have one now but not by choice. I have a needlenose gar who I feed goldfish to and he happened never to eat this one and now he is too big to eat. So he gets to swim and tell horror stories to the new goldfish I put in there for food!

"OH MY GOD YOU ALL BETTER HIDE....HE IS GOING TO EAT YOU!":uhoh:
    :loco: The little fish say "Yea right! Look at the crazy old goldfish, he doesn't know what is......ARGH!!!!!":angel:

7. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

LOL, Ur prolly right there.. Although, It's not unheard of for the prey and predator to bond.. Weird but true..

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I think that's called stockholm syndrome lol

10. JetEngineMech

JetEngineMech Feather Duster

Yep, first fish I ever owned and won it at a carnival. He lived for years.

11. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

That could be another possibility;D My GF have bonded with my Guppies... They school together which is Odd.. And any fry born are left alone.. Believe me my Orandas could wipe out those guppies with 1 swallow..LOL