Have you ever owned a Goldfish?

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 16, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Have you ever owned a Goldfish?

1. Yes.

72.6%
  2. No.

27.4%
  1. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

amcarrig wrote: I wonder if the female guppy feels the same way :lol:

:yelrotflm :laugh5: :yelrotflm

What the .... happened there? Oh well, ::) :p

2. Click Here!

3. Pro

Pro Astrea Snail

I had a goldfish when I was 8, it died the next day after my family bought him :furious2:

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I had goldfish before.... then I fed them to cool fish.

Muahh Hahaha!:laugh4:

Sorry life long goon fish owner!

5. euthyphro

euthyphro Flamingo Tongue

For all the people who vote "no" I have to say what the ?*&*%$. I dont think i have ever meet a person who has never owned a gold fish, untill now i guess.:confused:

6. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

I had goldfish and other fresh water fish and they all died within a week. But I can keep a nice reef tank.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

CLASSIC! :cool3:

8. Click Here!

9. goldfish07

goldfish07 Plankton

yes I had goldfish when I was little and I currently have five now. My son LOVES them and wants to feed them all the time. They are easy to care for, unlike my husbands reef tank!

10. JasonC

JasonC Plankton

I was the same as everyone else who loves fish... Started with gold fish when I was a kid. Graduated to tropical fish for years and now I'm all grown up with a reef tank;D

11. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

Do ponds count

HI,
    I stil have a dozen or two except when mr herion comes and cleans out the ponds for me...Yikes My local LPS loves to see me buy 5 -6 bucks of those feeder comets, she feels that they have a chance in my pond she dosen't know about the blue herion who cleans me out every spring..

[​IMG]

I also had those lion head goldfish and calico oranda's and numerous others mostly incold water tanks 30-40 gal tall, they are great fish but very messy and mum up tanks and filters pretty quick, and those oranda's will get gas and float upside down for hours unless you fed the fresh veggies.
    I hates to see a fish upside down it just don't look right.
    Doug
    my favorite freshies are in my picture to the left those white sevrons and the parrot fish. I had some severons for several year they were huge till we had hurricaine and lost power for 10 days. I Pulled to glass cover off the 95 octagon tank and there was enough gas exchange for them to breath I didn't feed them during the week tank temps were pretty warm..82-84..
    very sad to loose fish after that long, they did fine till I started the canisters and forgot about anerobic gases and ammonia build up in those marineland canisters due to the power being off. I stil feel bad about killing them...

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  12. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

My first fish as an adult was a black moori goldfish, I was 18, didn't do any homework and it died. Then I had red eared slider turtles, then tropical community tank, then cichlids and now I have a 55g reef, 20g sw, and 4 cats. Yes I love animals and aquatic creatures.