Has Any1 Used Prodibio Bio-digest?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by lunatik_69, Jun 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Just wondering if anyone has used this product and what do you think of it. The company states the following;

BIO DIGEST is a hyper-concentrated bacterial compound that satisfies two functions: Installing biological filtration and digesting aquarium waste.

Packaging the ampoules under nitrogen allows for very long conservation and makes it very economic as each ampoule is 100% effective.

Use BIO DIGEST when starting up an aquarium, during nitrate surges, after filter cleaning, in poor quality water: cloudy water, unpleasant odors, spread of algae…

BIO DIGEST digests organic waste, cleans the aquarium, reduces nitrates, phosphates, fights algae and, through a probiotic effect, reduces the risk of unexplained illness.

BIO DIGEST, when used regularly, re-establishes optimal proportions of key bacterial strains and improves water quality.

The purifying action of BIO DIGEST is enhanced when used in conjunction with Bio Trace Fresh Water and Bioptim Marine.

Average Dose: Every 15 days 1 amp. Up to 1000 Liters (264gal).

And here are some reveiws;

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful: [​IMG] Excellent! Good Stuff by GLENN BRUE Experience Level: Intermediate Posted on 10/2/2007 from MARIETTA, GA UNITED STATES Comments: It has only been two days and I can see the difference in my tank already,this is some good stuff.
    Yes, I would recommend this product to my friends.

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful: [​IMG] Excellent! Life Saver by JEFF BERRY Experience Level: Beginner Posted on 2/5/2008 from South Florida Comments: I purchased this product because it was highly recommended by a fellow aquarist from Dominican Republic. I have a Red Sea Max and just had an incident while traveling, I lost all but one of my fish, luckily the corals survived, along with the snails, and my clam. After a 50% water change and removal of as many of the corpses as I could possibly find, my Ammonia level was at 0.5 ppm, Nitrates where between 10 and 20 ppm and there was algae growing everywhere. I added two vials of BIO DIGEST, waited 24 hours and added a third. At 48 hours Ammonia was gone! At 72 hours nitrates where down to between 5 and 10 ppm and the corals where all open and bright, I started re-stocking, on the fifth day I am fully stocked with nine fish, one cleaner shrimp, and a sally light foot crab - water is perfect - just amazing!
    Yes, I would recommend this product to my friends.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

I like to run into some id always keep stuff like that for those call "emergency" situations.
    If you know what i mean, thanks for the info!