Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

1. Yes!

71 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. No.

32 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium? :ohwe:
    If so, what kind was it? Did it live? :goldfish:

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

My snowflake eel jumped out of QT and survived long enough to completely dry up and look dead. Came right back to life when I got it back in the tank.

4. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

On of my BW clowns took the plunge. Found him a day later.

5. chuckdee

chuckdee Peppermint Shrimp

I had a fresh water eel jump. I thought he was hiding because he fairly new. I found him about 6 feet from the display looking like a nasty piece of beef jerky. Gross!!

6. gutierrezre

gutierrezre Flamingo Tongue

My jawfish jumped out of an inch hole in the lid. Found him in the morning dried up. :(

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

2 blue spot jawfish jumped, one even through the egg crate hole. Sadly I still ahve the body of the second one in the back of my tank..I cant get to it!

I also had a green mandarin that jumped. I had not seen it for a while, was in bed when my puppy came running in. I thought she had a toy...all the sudden she drops this petrified old dried out fish on my head!

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

i had a carpenters wrasse jump twice. 1st time outta the tank 5 mins, got him covered in dog hair , put him back in a he survived , until he jumped again, which was my fault , didnt put my suicide screen back on. he didnt make that one.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I had a Diamond Gody jump out. I found him a few days later behind the tank. He was dried up. I kept him on the shelf until my sister pointed out I would never get another girlfriend. :hehe:

To remedy going forward, I covered open slots on the back of the tank with egg-crate.

11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I have had it happen with 2 fish, 3 times. I had my old eyelash blenny jump twice. First time, he made it under two closed doors, into another room, where someone else found him and tossed him back in. I installed egg crate and he lived happily for another 2-3 months, until he jumped right through the egg crate. He again made it into the same separate room, but that time no one was around to find him in time :(
    Second fish was a fire angel. Sounds mean, but I wasn't too PO'd over losing it, as it had been snacking on my corals and I had been trying to catch it the previous two days.

12. JJK

JJK Teardrop Maxima Clam

My diamond goby also jumped....into my corner overflow and ended up in the filter sock of my sump. Didn't make it, unfortunately.