Harry Mushroom Frag was not a failure!!!!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by ScubaBrett22, Apr 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

welll they will split fairly often. i started with one large shroom about a year and a half ago, and now it has split into 7. i wouldnt go chopping mushrooms and just spreading them everywhere.

take a container like tupperware throw some live rock rubble in it then chop the shroom and place them in the container. place in a low flow area with light and allow them a few day to attatch. this way you can place them wherever you want.

2. Click Here!

3. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Right i tried that and it was a total failure but this guy survived it all.

4. NU-2reef

which part failed? its pretty foolproof...

5. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

I was waiting for three weeks and couldn't really clean my tank so it was getting nasty and i put it up in the rocks and it floated away and everything fell out so if failed.

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I have had hairy shrooms and elephant ears that look exactly the same. The difference is that hairy shrooms don't eat mysis and whole fish. He said that the shrooms are 11" long. I highly doubt that they are hairy shrooms.

7. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

I will remeasure them lol

8. Click Here!

9. NU-2reef

first off i cant believe im discusing the difference between Rhodactis mussoides(elephant) and Rhodactis indosinensis. secondly, almost every mushroom in this hobby can and will accept meaty foods.

11" ???? have you seen his pics of his mother colony? the whole colony may be 11 inches but i want you to look at the individual shroom that is closed up in his top down shot. and compare it to the overflow and the heater and whatever else you can get a reference from.

now you can think what you want. but just look at what he is showing and not what he is telling.

scubabrett i will bet my tank that is a hairy shroom colony. there im done now

10. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

You are 100% CORRECT... "Your tank is safe" Me and my dad were discussing this topic at home and he said "The guy i bought them from said they were Hairy Mushrooms" So the case is close...

11. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Here are a few more pictures.

First to are the 3 main big boys and the 3rd pictures is the second colony on the opposite side of the tank.

Attached Files: