harlequin tuskfish- not playing nice

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by chum, Jun 26, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

how about a sleeper banded goby to keep the sand clean? would the tusk and a 6" niger trigger bother it ?

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I'd steer away from a sleeper until your tank is a more matured since they eat critters in the sand. I would stick with hermits and snail for now. Try a fighting conch

4. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

will do, thanks for the info. i have a diamond goby in my other tank that loves lrs fish frenzy. probably not much would get to him with the tusk and trigger in there.

5. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

here is my tusk, aka big buck. he has been in the 55 gallon for 16 days and is doing well. loves to eat lrs fish freenzy. i believe it is a aussie tusk but not a 100 percent sure. they said he was at the lfs. he is 5" long and was priced at $130 but i had a 35% off coupon and paid $85.00. i will be moving him to the 125 gallon some time this week. i really love this fish, he is fun to watch.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

7. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

thanks for the reply, i thought he was indo myself but the guy at the store thought he was aussie. i know there colors are subdued when they are younger so i was not sure. i would rather have a aussie but this guy has nice colors also. i might have to set up another tank for a aussie !:)

8. Click Here!

9. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

I'm not convinced that he's an Indo, but could be. Like you said colours may be a little subdued. Even so, a great looking fish. I'm just planning a FO tank (220 gallon) just so I can keep a Aussie Tusk. If I ever get time to weld up the stand I can get started, the steel has been in the garage for 3 months now lol.

10. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

220 would be awesome for a tusk. i have been doing saltwater fish for 15 years and this is my first tusk and hands down the coolest fish i ever had.

11. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

The tusk was the fish that got me into salt over 10 years ago. I've had the tank for over a year now, but still haven't managed to find the time to get it together.

12. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

have you ever had a tusk ? if so, how long and what can you say about them. like to hear some input on these guys. so far mine really likes to interact.