Harlequin Shrimp

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by omard, Jun 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

How many pairs do you want ?? I'll have them by next Tuesday or Wed. at the latest

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Solved Harlequin viewing problem (they disappear into lair with prey...and not seen again till they are hungry)

Tied a sandstar upside down in front of cave where they live...one was on it in a minute...and has not left it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If you are going to keep them I'd just toss the feeder star in there and let them do what they do.. Feed them one a month .. They will start at a tip then eat in toward the central disk then move to the next arm after about 1/2 through the first one they started on that way it stays fresh until they are finished.. You'll know when they are getting hungry or they have finished the start in that they start coming out and looking for food.. All I had always came out to hunt when hungry..

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

The point is, if I am going to keep them, I want to see them. Tying down the star is working great...they can happily eat or retreat into den as needed. But at least I can now watch them.

Finally got to see the pair of them together feeding on tied down star.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007