Hard Corals....

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Wrassman, Mar 14, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

I keep very few "Hard Corals."  The ones I do keep are the Large Polyp type.  I just never have been interested in the Small Polyp type; I guess their light requirements were just too daunting to me. :D

However, I believe one can find some beautiful Large Polyp corals, and I have several in my tank.  One of them, this Lobophylia, is sometimes known as a Brain Coral.

I have mine sitting up toward the top of the tank, where they can get a lot of light.  I also have a powerhead moving water over them, not too briskly, but in a mild current.  When I feed the tank, Coral Accel or coral food of my own making, the polyps seem to open wider, and the yellow seems even brighter.

Here they are, I hope you enjoy them. [smiley=wave.gif]
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Spelling change. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Here's another one of my LPS corals. It is a Scolymia sp., sometimes called a Button Coral. I've had it almost 2yrs. It went through some rough times for a while, but it's bouncing back really well:
    [​IMG]

It likes to eat brine, mysis, chopped shrimp and fish. It send out tentacles around its mouth and moves food to its mouth. I just have to make sure that the fish don't pick the food off before my Button Coral eats it. ;D

Hope you liked this one too!!!! [smiley=wave.gif]

4. Mauireefer

Mauireefer Astrea Snail

I just aquired an awesome specimen, Im not sure the exact name, I know it Hatian, and the guy that gave it to me, told me it was illegal to harvest these now, so Im not sure what its called, I just got it out of his tank, but I will post a pic asap

JAred

5. jtr38230

jtr38230 Skunk Shrimp

I just bought my first 2 LPS coral the other day (Torch and Whisker or Duncans) Ordered them on-line and got 2 heads of the Whisker for the price of one! Also my Torch is split right down the middle but when its opened up you can't tell it really cool to me anyways.