hand washing

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dixiedog, Feb 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I have the blue and orange gloves, but they're HUGE! I think I could do more damage than good with those things! I constantly have my hands in the tank, always moving things around. I'll have to check on the disposable variety. I do use my tongs when I can, and I wash my hands (and arms) and rinse before diving into the tank!

2. Click Here!

3. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

What are you supposed to do when your tanks are 30" deep or over. Well what I am wondering is that both my tanks I have to dive in armpit deep. So I know that some of my deoderant has to get in. Tanks have always done fine, so far. Is this an oncoming issue?

4. weboddity

weboddity Astrea Snail

Having viewed those pictures, and having read in the article that the author's good friend "incurred a minor cut on his right middle finger." -- I'm more worried about the fact that the pictures show what looks to be a left hand, which means that this bacterium is so powerful it actually will re-construct your cut hand to match the other. :eek:

In all seriousness, I use Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Dish Soap. It was part of some eco-friendly package somebody gave me, smells decent, works really well on my dishes, hasn't run out after months of use, and I figure is probably less harmful than chemical dish soaps. I also rinse very well, as has been suggested.