Hammer coral question

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Night-Rida, Apr 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Splitting will probably take a few more weeks. But all is definitely fine.

2. Click Here!

3. BradJo9

BradJo9 Astrea Snail

ok I just looked at them again and noticed improvement. I think the heads on the sand were pissed and as soon as I put them on the plug they came back around. In a tank that crashed the polyps fell from the body leaving a skeleton behind and I just scooped them to my new tank to save them. Is it ok to glue them to the plug there is no branch just the soft tissue is left? Sry to hijack your thread

4. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

that I dont know. you might piss them off more. maybe get a little tupperware bin maybe 3"x3" square, and put some lr rumble on the bottom layer, put hammer on top, and get some veil or screen and rubberband that over the tupperware as a lid. light will still get through and hammer may reattach to a piece of rock. keep in high light and low low flow. if that doesnt work, its probly gone.

5. spsreefer

spsreefer Astrea Snail

Metal Halides are great I had 2 heads to start with and when I sold mine 7 months later it had 17 heads.The only downfall to having halides is you usually have to get a chiller.

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

ok my hammer is still all tucked in and looking bad. I did notice last night when I could see the two mouths at night. there was some brown poop or something coming out of there mouths? any ideas.. stringy brown stuff, no much maybe 1/4" long..

7. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

should I try to target feed some brine?

8. Click Here!

9. BradJo9

BradJo9 Astrea Snail

how did yours do after feeding?

10. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

well its took overnight with a cut 2liter bottle cap over it to eat a few brine shrimp. it did eat though. but now its still looking like it did before feeding. I guess I may try again tonight. but still looks like "8" shaped head..I see a brown stringy substance coming out of its mouth now..

11. BradJo9

BradJo9 Astrea Snail

possibly its stomach when mine was splitting it was back to back from when they split from the branch and I picked them up and broke the stringy thing I do think they look better when I feed them more. They were completely flat for the past few days and i took them out of the tupperware thAt I had them in and fed them coral frenzy and they seem to be holding their tentacles out a bit and not as deflated. Try to feed them again maybe everyday

12. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

well its been two nights in a row, ive feed him at least 5-8 brine shrimp.. still looks the same.. tenticles are very small not flat but not extended.. I guess I should just let it do its thing..