hammer/anchor coral+porites rock

Discussion in 'Coral' started by david, Oct 12, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Hey I just picked up a hammer coral or anchor coral. Also I got a porites rock with some x-mas tree worms in it! They both look great but have only been in my tank for a day. I have the hammer up on the rock work to get lots of light. I can't seem to get the currant on it as gentle as I would like. I would like to see it sway but not get blown silly with a jet of water. Where are the sweet spots to put your power heads?
    Any good hints too better care for these two would be considered.  
      One more thing I get scared about the hammer falling off the rock is there something you can do without epoxying the coral in place? (Don't like epoxy in my fish tank)!!
            Thank for all your help
                 D. (would you say it looks "extended good"?)

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

david that's a nice little hammer!

THe base of my hammer was wedged a little bit between rocks. I didn't use epoxy either.

As for the sweet spots with powerheads, that is totally different tank to tank. You just have to play around until you find it.

For the record, my was near the surface under my halide and near the output of my sump pump in some turbulence. It liked it a lot and grew quite large.

Nice looking rock too.

[smiley=smokin.gif]

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Thank you Matt I was gone for awhile there(lost internet connection) but I'm glad to be back any clue as to what kind of plant that is there on the rock?

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Not sure what kind of macro-plant that is.. did you find out?
    It's pretty.

6. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Yes! I belive it is Halimeda Discoidea. Yesterday I bought a piece of live rock that had some kind of calurpa on it along with some yet unknown form of plant and another smaller piece of rock with a large feather duster in it has yet another plant of some kind. I need more live rock I still with the two new pieces only have about 45 lbs. Are there any problems you can run into with plants? To tell you the trurh I don't know much about them.
    Thanks
    D.