hair algea

Discussion in 'Algae' started by botie, May 20, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Wanna borrow my yellow tang? :p Shell guzzle it down :p FAST :p

2. Click Here!

3. botie

botie Feather Duster

i have one she is lazy

4. botie

botie Feather Duster

hey auqaboy i hope i dont work late tomorrow ill get on here right away and see if you whant to come get this kenya tree

5. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

LOL,
    message to boties WIFE>
    put the windex down girl and walk away. ;)

but seriously windex is a bad thing for a tank and even worse for an open tank.

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If you went a few days with out feeding the tank the tangs may just get hungry. Fish are like anything else we keep as pets they get to used to easy living and don't do their jobs .. Like I know people who say My dog won't touch dry dog food.. Its would if it was hungry .. I went weeks with out feeding mine to see if they would give in and eat the Byropsis algae LOL Nope I guess they rather starve then poison themselves LOL

7. botie

botie Feather Duster

she gonna get mad now i hid the windex im goin to tell her the dog eat it that what she tells me lol

8. Click Here!

9. botie

botie Feather Duster

you know tangster i didnt feed my fish lastnight (forgot to ) and i didnt feed them tonight yet and im sittin here watchin the tang and its pickin at the algea so i think that im not goin to feed them tonight either

10. conjuay

conjuay Feather Duster

My tangs and foxface will pick at the thinnest, saddest looking algae on the rock, while lush, green clumps of hair algae wave at them from around the tank!
    I'm with Wildreef. I'm going in there and pick it out.

11. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Turbo snails are the ticket, they have helped many out with the same problems. A big point that I haven't noticed anyone else ask: what is your source water? RO/DI is a must. Sometimes phosphates can be the problem but the algae consumes them so quickly that anytime you test it will say 0. I use windex as I know Tangster does also, I store mine in the kitchen, get a paper towel out and spray it down, then walk into the fish room and clean the tank. That way no spray is getting into the tank. Do as I did I told my wife not to clean in a 10 foot area around the tank, I would take care of it. Trust me, she had no problems with that!! Don't give up, this is a problem that can be fixed with some work, most major problems take 10X longer to fix than what it took to obtain them...

12. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Tell her if she carry's on the tank will be like a jungle and start overflowing & taking over the living room too...lol