Hair algae poll

Discussion in 'Algae' started by reefman_MC, Jun 11, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

Please post the name of the species if you choose other. If you choose tang please post and specify what species. Tell me about your experiences with hair algae. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thank goodness no hair algea in my tank. Two years and counting.

4. reefman_MC

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

My Other is ME. I pull what I can when I have it. I also think my Margarita Snails take some of it out

J

6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i love my lawnmower the onlyh thing is when the hair alge was gone he started gettin kind of skinny so if this happens get the alge disc and or dried nori for the little guys to eat for when there food souce runs out. feeding him these foods he plumped right back out

7. reefman_MC

I'm scared of the lawnmowers. I heard that they can get aggressive with fish of similar size and I have a mated pair of mandarine gobies. I couldn't go on if anything were to happen to my mandarines.

8. Click Here!

9. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

Mexican turbo snails do pretty well w/ hair algae. however, they get pretty big and bull doze things. how big is your tank?

another goby that loves hair algae are rainford gobies. the only problem w/ them is that they need a constant supply of hair algae. once the hair algae is gone, their health sometimes becomes an issue.

10. reefman_MC

Actually I had eight big mexican turbos in my tank. They never did touch the hair algae. I've lost three due to starvation. My tank is a 75.

11. reefman_MC

I picked up a sailfin tang and he's eating the hair algae. I know it's not good but now I have a scopas tang and a sailfin in a 75 gallon tank. I know a guy who has a blue tang in an 18 gallon cube so I should be ok to have two tangs in a 75 gallon for a while.

12. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

reefman

i always liked my lawnmower hes pretty cool and i would say hes one of the most peacful fish in the tank he just sits and chills watching the other fish from on top the rock or power heads. the only problem is they dont get along with kole tangs to well but other then that he doesnt bother my mandarin or any other fish.