hagen power head (802,402)

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Guest, Apr 5, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

just wanted to add these to the list. ive had an 802 for about a year now and still works great. also the 402s really blast. ive added "other" types of pwr heads to the tank and havent been happy with them 1 is 2 mths old and quit already its called a pro 2, after buying it it wasnt that strong to begin with. also adding another type cant remember the name its not bad but not as adjustable as the hagens. i do have a maxi jet and am happy with this kind as well, had this for a year also. never had any problems with that still as strong as day 1. does anybody run the hagens and maxijets and are they as happy with them? i thinking about dumping all the other ones and go with the maxis and hagens also if i ever set up another tank i wont go with anything else.

2. Click Here!

3. Wolffvet

Wolffvet Astrea Snail

I have 2 hagen 802s in my 100 gallon and love them. I have them hooked to a wave timer and they seem to be working great except for my new little fish is having a hell of a time trying to swim in the current ..lol

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

Wolffvet i dont have a wave timer but have wondered about them. are they worth the money and is it better than having all the pwr heads going at once? also how much do they run?

i have one with the flow going across the front of the tank and my little clown has to really wiggle to get across its cute to watch him, and my bangaii swims up the current gets to the end turns sideways and lets it push him back across the tank then swims back again. this is all he does during the day at night hes all over the place.

5. Wolffvet

Wolffvet Astrea Snail

I picked up my timer off Ebay for like $50.00 and it has 3 plugs that can be ajusted. I lke having the powerheads alternating. The fish like to ride the current fron one end and then back to the other.My shrimp even seem to get a kick out of it. Sorry it took me so long to get back. Ive been real busy here lately. I am really glad to get back on and check things out.

6. ETECH

ETECH Plankton

i had heard that i the MJ's were better to use with a wavetimer. but i like the output of the hagens. Think i'll get both also and see which one holds up the best on the WT

7. JPfish

JPfish Astrea Snail

I have a Rio 1400 & am planning to buy another one for my 55 gallon tank. I believe I saw one negative comment on the web regarding the Rio's. I was thinking of getting two Maxi jet 900's or 1200's instead of the one Rio at the other end of the tank. I think with two medium Maxi's i cann spread out the current better. What do you all think? ???

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

JPfish i have actually heard a lot of bad things about the rios and never went with them because of it. mostly what i have heard is they just break down over a short time and they short out and release electricity into the tank. the maxi jets are good pwr heads which i have them with the hagens. i would go with the maxi jets

10. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I have all sorts of hagens 402's 802 and even a few smaller ones in the fresh tank. Never had any problems except I played with the reverse feature too much and the little plastic "switch broke off. Then the power head was useless. Untill I e-mailed hagen about parts for them. I explained what broke and they gladly sent me the part I needed free of charge. All right hagen I'll stick with them all the way!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] ;D