Hagen Master Test Kit

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Chris Jones, May 21, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

What is your real name? I'm David Albertson by the way :D

2. Click Here!

3. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

My name Is Christopher Jones. I work for Bellsouth as a fiber optics Technician, and I was in the Navy for 13 years in the submarine force.

4. Chris Jones

I was reading a post about the refills for test kits, where you posted "Who would want to.... change to salifert " and in that thread Darin said "Seachem test kits are as good or better than Salifert" so i went with his advice and am buying the Seachem Multi test, and a Aqua C Urchin skimmer from him at CAPTIVE REEFS.COM, and I am Trying to get the money up for a digital pH meter and the refractometer. I'll keep you posted.

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

If you read some reviews you will see I don't like seachem very much but have never used there test kits so I think I was giving Matt a jolt of fun when I said that. LOL.

From what I hear the Aqua C is a darn good skimmer. and check the reviews on the refractometer as we all have had fun discussing that.

You are well on your way building your money pit. :D

6. Chris Jones

LOL you are right Dave. I haven't seen such a money hole in the ocean since i sold my boat(the second happiest day of boat ownership)!! but i am so psyched about this hobby that it has drawn me in. so for better or worse, i'm a reefer now!!!

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Christopher,
    Ever see hunt for red october?
    The sonar guy was Jonesie right?

David

8. Click Here!

9. Chris Jones

Correct!! and that was my Rate as well, I was a First Class Petty Officer Sonar Technician! I got a ribbing for that when it came out, you know "hey jonesy, do you hear that catapillar drive???" LOL but I believe he was a tad tanner than I!

10. Chris Jones

but being a sonar tech, i heard many aquatic wildlife such as, dolphin(bottle nose) snapping shrimp, whales, seals, sealions, and in the warm waters around hawaii there is a fish, now i'm not kidding, that sounded like boooooiiiiinnnngggg and we could never identify it, so we called it a boing (like a sound of a spring in cartoons) fish!! very cool!

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

LOL.
    Were you on a nuke class or attack class?

12. Chris Jones

my first sub was the oldest diesel sub in the navy at the time 1981. USS Gudgeon SS-567, the next 12 years found me on 637 class fast attacks, 640 class boomers(ballistic missile subs) to the last one i was on was the Ohio class boomer USS Georgia. finally i ended my stint with the Navy as an instructor of sound physics, and advanced target motion analysis, to stick a torpedo up the bad guy's butt. LOL