H2Overflow

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by mlott132, Sep 22, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Nope. Seems to be running pretty smooth.

2. Click Here!

3. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

The pictures are a bit deceiving, this does look bigger once mounted and better than before.

I'll be waiting for updates as this breaks in!

4. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Found an issue with the new overflow system. I noticed while cleaning the glass that the top of the water had a film on it. Looking at the overflow I could see that surface water was not entering in on all sides. My water line ended up being even with the cap of the overflow box, and that was causing the skimming issue. To try to correct this I opened up the main return valve to allow more water to flow in the hopes of lowering my water level. Unfortunately, I had the valve fully open and my level did not drop. With the return valve fully open, I started to close the return line down. I closed the valve as much as I felt comfortable with and still could not get the water line down. As a last resort, I removed the cover from the overflow. Within second all of the surface film was gone. I opened up both valves fully and things seem to be running smooth. I don't want to leave the top off the overflow for obvious reasons. I think what I might do is find some plastic washers to go between the base and the cover to raise the cover a little bit. Hopefully that should fix the problem. Other that that the system seems to be working out very well.

: H2Overflow