Guys I Want Blue :D

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by macabe, Aug 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

ok my bulbs say 250w/14000k so i do have 14ks my bulbs are about 7 months old i didnt see any blue whene i first turned them on. my lfs has two 250w 14000k double ended mh bulbs one for 50$ then uther is 75$ he ses one is 75$ becuz its a high out poot mh bulb how do i figure out if mine are high outpoot that are in my canopy now? and do u guys think that if i took out my moon lights replaced them with high outpoot actenics and then got 2 t5 actenics that it woad over power the light that the mh shows like poot some blue in my tank. the only reason i want the blue affect is cuz i want to be able to look at my zoas and sps and things with polyps real good. I allso very much woad like more opinions on the 22k aquascience t5 bulb that Jason McKenzie had :)

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Don't mean to insult or anything but could you post in proper English and not in Text English. Us old farts have a tough time dealing with 'uther and becuz'

J

4. Jason McKenzie

There is no such thing as High output or normal output MH bulbs. Do you know what the brand names of these 2 bulbs is?

J

5. macabe

sorry I'm not a very good speller :) I'm guessing the lfs may be just lieing to me so ill buy the higher priced one. and no i don't now the brand they got i only called them I'm thinking about taking your advice and buying the 22k aquascience t5s. How many watts should i get on it? because there is like 24w ones 36ws different watts i got a 55 gal 48inch long and online they call it T5 Aqua Science Blue 22000K I'm guessing i need the BLUE brand not the red white

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
  6. Jason McKenzie

I'm the worlds worst speller that's why I use Monzilla Firefox. it has a built in Spell checker.

Anyway T5 wattage is based on the length. So 24w is 2feet, 36w is 3 feet, 48w is 4feet

Call the LFS and get the brand of bulbs before you by. You may not want the more expensive bulb

7. macabe

oo my tank is only 2 feet deep so ill get 24w

8. Click Here!

9. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

The wattage for the T5 is dependant on the light fixture, not the depth of your tank. If your lighting is 3 feet long, you will want the 36w ones, etc.

10. macabe

oo ok my hole lighting set up is 48 inches long that how long my hood is that holds my lights so what wat woad i use ?

11. Jason McKenzie

Ok I know your young but come on. What is your lighting fixture called? then do a google search for it

12. macabe

ok its called a SHKERRY AQUA thats the ONLY lettering on it besides the letters that tell me what each switch duz