Gun owners?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lightningfront, Jun 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I have a Glock 19 9mm and a Beretta 96 Inox Brigadier (stainless steel) with a Beretta rubber stock grip. The Beretta fits perfectly in my hand and is perfectly balanced with the contoured grip, unlike the other Berettas I have held.

2. Click Here!

3. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

I just got a Taurus Millennium Pro .45ACP 3.3" as an early Fathers Day present. My wife also got me a concealed carry certification class. Best dads day ever.

4. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Here's a question I'm interested to hear the answers for: why do you carry a concealed firearm?

I carry an assisted opening Gerber knife with me where ever I go, and I get the same style of question all the time. "Why do you keep that thing with you?" I've finally stopped explaining, and now I just say "Rule number nine: always carry a knife." So I'm interested in you guys with the CC permit.

5. highdesertreef

I would rather not be a victim. In Nevada we can open carry as well. But that makes you a target because they can see you're armed. Also a knife lets them get close, unless you have throwing training.

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Well, I'm only 19, so I'm not even old enough to buy or own a handgun, let alone carry one. I can throw a gardening shovel blade first into a plastic trashcan...does that count? :D

7. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Rule 10.. Never bring a knife to a Gun fight!

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Never even held a gun. Never felt I needed to

J

1 person likes this.
  10. highdesertreef

Yeah that counts.

11. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

my father was a drill sgt in the army while I was growing up, guns were a way of life to me for a long time I was basically treated as one of his recruits, I can tear down an M-16 pretty fast and have never enlisted lol

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I carry at least one handgun with me where ever I go, and I get the same style of question all the time. "Why do you keep that thing with you?" I've finally stopped explaining, and now I just say "Rule number two: always carry a weapon designed to win."

Is that plagiarism :confused: ;D

IMO, whether you feel you need one or not, whether you've ever actually needed one or not, crime and violence can come down upon you at any time without warning or provocation. IMO, do I want to retreat, succumb, or fight back are my options. This is a personal opinion that everyone is free to. I have always fought back. If you're going to fight, as mentioned, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

If you're wondering, rule number one is always be aware of your surroundings. ;)