Gun owners?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lightningfront, Jun 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. siidman

siidman Bristle Worm

Gota get a glock man. I just got my concealed carry as well. I have a glock 27. its the glock .40 subcompact. I love it. I think that the glock 28 is the .45 subcompact. glock 26 is the 9mm subcompact.

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

eh, everyone underestimates the walther, it's what James Bond uses it's gotta be good

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I carried the Sig Sauer P220 in .45ACP for years and liked it very much.

[​IMG]

When I wanted something smaller in size, I went with the P229 in .40 S&W and liked the round very much.

[​IMG]

I've never been a fan of the 9mm as it's a bit short on stopping power, but the counterargument you hear often is that the magazine on a 9mm carries many more rounds.

The .45 ACP is about the most reliable one shot stopper, but the firearms tend to be on the larger side. The 9mm I've never liked. I found the .40 to be an acceptable compromise.

For the last 5 years or so, and presently, I carry the Glock 27 in .40 S&W.

[​IMG]

My wife will be getting her concealed permit soon, and it's going to be the Walther for her. The PPK is the .380ACP made famous by James Bond as someone mentioned, but as far as stopping power, the 380 is also known as the 9mm short, as it's the same diameter, but an even smaller shell case. Probably little better than a .22, but that's purely opinion. It's a very pretty gun. . .but pretty doesn't save lives--usually.

[​IMG]

The Walther I'll be getting my wife is this one, in the venerable .40S&W:

[​IMG]

It's all a matter of taste. While we're on opinions here, so long as you're a responsible gun owner and carrier, the world is a better place.

2 people like this.
  5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

15+1 in my Glock and 7+1 in my PF9 (1 extra mag in pocket for whichever I'm carrying).

I think that's great odds. My brother (who likes to carry 45), says it's my job to lay down cover fire ;D

6. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

yes i carry one daily

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

The PPS is a great gun man I love mine, seriously the easiest to carry firearm I've ever dealt with, can just toss it in my back pocket on my jeans if I want or use the UCH in the wasteband for when I'm in work clothes (slacks/buttonup)
    the .91" thick or whatever it's thickness is exactly is great, I was carrying the XD fullsize 45 before and god talk about uncomfortable, not that it's a bad gun but the way each of them fit our bodies makes for a lot of if it's the right choice for us or not, I fire 165 grain .40 federal hydra shocks in mine

8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

Nothing at all wrong with the Federal Hydra-Shok bullet. You're too young to remember when The Winchester Black Talons came out. They were taken off the market amidst some very silly claims from some equally silly interest groups. No doubt you've heard of them.

[​IMG]

I've got about 10 boxes that I will not fire at the range. They're strictly for carry. Those were the days.

The one or two times I've had to tell an officer "I have a legal firearm in my center console, how would you like to handle this?" The conversation always comes back to the talons. The young cops love them like they're an old Jimi Hendrix original vynyl. :)

I reload just about everything I shoot; but not the .40. They're not recommended for reload as the cases shouldn't be reused due to higher pressure, and "out of battery" status of many chambers of pistols in .40 S&W cal.

10. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

the sig p220 is a nice pistol. I like the newer one with the beavertail frame. It just feels a little more comfortable.

11. ReefSparky

No doubt the Sig was the undisputed Rolls Royce of pistols. Might still be, but other manufacturers have significantly upped their quality and reliability. It all comes down to the question, "Is it always going to chamber a round, discharge, and reload when the excrement meets the revolving blade?"

Like a protein skimmer, The $1200 model does the exact same thing as the $200 product. It's just that the $1200 model, for better or worse, will always perform the task it's made to do, while the $200 will do it most of the time. "Most of the time" is a criterion with which most of us are comfortable when it comes to removing dissolved organic compounds. When you have to save your wife's life--now there's a scenario for when you must have absolute faith in the firearm upon which you've decided.

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Couldn't agree more. One reason why I don't use really old ammo... it should be fine but...

I also tend to shoot FMJ at the range, but I also will cycle a mag of HP just to make sure there are still no feed issues as that's what I carry.