Gun owners?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lightningfront, Jun 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol:

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I have the Walther PPS 40 cal for my CCW, best friend has his also but alternates between diff guns depending on mood/weather/migrating birds patterns/ect. He has a Sig 45, Kimber UDP 45, HK Usp Compact 45 and a S&W ultralite 357 mag that he switches between

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Shoot someone with that even if it's a legal shoot and you go to jail, laser's are a federal no-no for self defense

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

That's not true.

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Yep, not true. Maybe it is in your locale as a state law? But not federally.

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I'm sorry you're right, 3 years ago they were in Oklahoma but now they aren't I wasn't aware that had changed, the old thinking of lawmakers was that lasers weren't used as an aid in defense but they were a tool of a killer so they outlawed them, guess they finally saw the light

Either way I'm more likely to let someone beat me 1/2 to death before I draw anyway, there has only been 1 self defense shooting by a CCW holder here in tulsa and he even went to prison, but he was an idiot that talked to the news instead of the cops/lawyers first.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

For fun, I added this to my Glock

http://lasermax.com/category.php?id=1

[​IMG]

Not saying they're all that great or useful... just fun. Useless in the sun light... it does pulse ... but still.

10. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Let me preface this by saying I love Sig's. I have both a 226 and 229 in .357 SIG and .40 S&W respectively, but I recently shot a 220 in .45ACP and HATED it. It felt cludgy and "off" in my hands, didn't want to point naturally and had a REALLY disconcerting habit of FTFing on the last round out over a spread of different ammo. Maybe it was just a bad example but mucho not impressed.

11. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

Lasers are legal federally. I just find them a useless expense. They look cool, but they give away your position. I only use a bore sight laser to sight it my guns.

12. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

My husband loves his 12 & ? bore shot guns! we go late night rabbit & fox hunting on farms. Where we live is out in the country.
    When we went to phuket thialand ( We did some amazing diving over reefs at phi phi island) we went to a range & they let him shoot all kinds of leathal guns...........in the uk we are not aloud to shot someone.........well unless they are facing you with the intent to kill you with some kinda weapon. A farmer once shot a young teenage in the back with a shot gun as the two boys broke into his home un the middle of the night but he got locked up as it was classed as murder as they boy was running away, they say it would have been a different story had he been facing him.
    At the end of the day if someone broke into my house & came after me or my kids id use amy means to protect use & probably end up locked up! My auntie lives in florida , panama city & she carrys a hand gun in her hand bag! now that to me is nuts..........