Gun owners?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lightningfront, Jun 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I have been known to have a gun or two around ;)
    For carrying, it's my Kimber TLE II custom year round. In the summers, I keep a Glock 23 on my ankle as a back-up. In the winters, I have been known to use the Kimber as a back-up and keep my Vector MP5K clone under my jacket as primary.
    For .45 caliber, you wont beat the 1911 platform, IMHO. If you don't want that, go Glock. The mentioned Springfield's are really good, but never seemed to fit my hand too well. I have a few Taurus's, and they are great for back-ups in the field taking courses, but I would not bet my life on one. Price should not be a main concern when you and your loved ones lives may be counting on what you are carrying. Get the best gun you possibly can. And for the price, in that department, I would say nothing beats a Glock. Cheap but will always function well ;)

2. Click Here!

3. MAD_MAX

MAD_MAX Plankton

hhmmmm

carry a Sig 226 8mm with a Crimson Trace Laser -16 shots super accurate

[​IMG]

May be a little big but you will get used to it and will be what you need when you need it!!!

4. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

^^^
    I love the Springfields because the Glocks have *never* fit me. I just cant seem to get comfortable and settle into any kind of accuracy. The only downside to any 1911 platform is you usually look at a MUCH higher cost. That being said, I have shot a couple of the Rock Island Armory 1911's with good result. They are pretty low in cost, but I have no clue if they make a carry version.

I feel like chiming in that going to a rental range to handle as many prospective platforms as possible is a *great* idea. A weapons functionality means zero if you arent comfortable handling it.

5. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

Well I think this makes a great carry weapon with the strap and bayonet. Mosin Nagant [​IMG]
    But seriously I carry a S&W .357Mag with Extreme Shock or Hydro Shock ammo loaded and a quick loader as well.

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I don't carry anything, because I'm not even old enough to purchase a handgun of any kind. However, we have an old WWII era .22/20 guage shotgun combo rifle, that still works. :D I have 2 old BB guns around somewhere that I first learned to shoot with. Then I have a CO2 pistol modeled after an M9, as well as my pride and joy 1250 fps pellet rifle with 3-9x mag scope on top of her. She can explode a coke can from any distance I know of around my yard, which is all I'd need if I felt like varmint hunting. It's/I've got about a 1 inch spread in a grouping of 3 at fifty yards. It's not much, but it's all I got. BTW my mom hates firearms of any kind...and yet she's pretty impressed with the pellet rifle. :D

I'll join the big boys soon enough. Just not any time soon, I'm still a whee one. :p My friend's mom has a .357 magnum revolver of some kind. :D I don't know if I want to try a .22 first or just completely skip a .22. Because my pellet rifle has more kick than a .22 haha. Man I love that thing.

7. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

Sig 9mm daily carry.

8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I actually thought of bringing this up the other night. I have my CHL in TX and I carry either my S&W 9mm Sigma or my Snub Nose .38. For skeet shooting/dove/quail hunting I use either my Ithaca 500 over/under 20ga or my Krieghoff K-80 20ga. I love both of those guns dearly. For bigger game hunting(deer, rams, elk, boar, ect) I mostly use my Sako 7mm Mag as it has enough power to take on any game I can think of in the americas.. I could seriously go on for an hour talking about the other guns, so Ill spare the boredom. Makes me want to go shooting tomorrow..

10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Well heck, if we are allowing longs I would suggest something a little more modern and compact like my little piece of zombie insurance:

[​IMG]

If they are ranged a little bit farther, you could go big bore with something like this (my video):

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Did I mention that I have a BB gun? And not just any ol' BB gun, but one of them BB guns that also does pellets. Oh yes. Pellets. I don't mess around. And here is the kicker.....it has CO2. YES!!!! CO2. Big boy stuff here. Don't be scared. You, one day, can be as cool as me. Just work at it. I myself find it comes naturally. The BB gun just helps things along a bit.

2 people like this.
  12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I have the Kel-Tec PF9. I find this to be an excellent 9mm. Yes, Kel-Tec's will start to jam after a few hundred rounds... but I don't believe real life scenario's include drawn out fire fights... besides, this is my backup.

I agree on all fronts here. I carry a Glock 19 as my primary. I find Glock to be unbeatable and I like the common factor of 9mm. Ammo sharing is going to be important in any conflict. So I carry 2 9's, not a 9 and something else.

Like mentioned earlier, we call it a "CHL" in Texas. Mine's going to be up for renewal on my next birthday.

I really like the XD's too. That's a fantastic gun. But they feel too big in my hand.

I have a SU-16C for my long. It's a very fun little rifle.