Gun owners?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lightningfront, Jun 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lightningfront

lightningfront Spaghetti Worm

I just completed my training and got my liscense to carry concealed handgun and was just asking what other people carry. I have a Taurus P92 but it is a little too large to carry, a Ruger MK II but its too big and only a .22, and finally my little S&W 642 snubbie .38 special, The S&W is small enough to carry and that is what I have been doing recently, but I want a little more stopping power. Looking for a small frame .45 ACP
    I'm looking into the Taurus Millenium Pro models the 145 and 745. The 145 is a double stack mag and is 10 shot while the 745 is a single stack mag and 6 shot but it's thinner and easier to conceal.
    I thought about the glock equivalent the G36 6 shot, but it's more expensive and I've read nothing but good reviews about the taurus. Only crappy thing is none of the 3 ranges around here have 1 to rent.

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Only thing I have is a cheap BB gun. Have thought about going through the training and getting my CWP, then actually purchasing a firearm. .....but have yet to do it. Will probably start with a .22 and work my way up to a .38. When I have been to the range I did best with a .38 (longer barrel...not a snubby). Not so good with a .45 or a .357. I can safely say that I sucked with those.

4. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I have a CCW and carry a 9mm. Just the right size vs power for me.

5. dahos

dahos Feather Duster

A .380 is a good conceal/carry handgun. small but packs a lot more punch than a .22.

I got my lifetime carry license several years ago.

6. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

If you are lookign for a CC 45 I would look at the springfield XD or the Glocks.

I personally carry a Glock 23 (40 cal) or a Bersa .380

7. pwsk

pwsk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

9mm easy choice

8. Click Here!

9. lightningfront

lightningfront Spaghetti Worm

I prefer a larger slower caliber for a larger stopping power and no over penetration for personal defense.

Don't get me wrong I have a PT92 in 9mm and love to shoot at the range just not a defense weapon.

10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I had a couple super soakers in my day lol...
    Seriously, My girlfriend and I applied to get a licensed firearm. But we haven't gotten it as yet.
    Because the crime rate here in Trinidad is so high, it's very difficult to get a licensed one.. It's super easy to get an illegal gun though.

11. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

look at the keltec p380. awesome pistol with a transferable lifetime warranty. They also have the 9mm version and it's about the size of the palm of my hand

12. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Not sure how small you are looking to go, but check out the Springfield XD. I have a XD Compact in .45 and LOVE it. You can also get the subcompact in .40 s&w which is one of my pet cartridges.
    Otherwise, the Kimber pro carry series looks pretty amazing. I love my raptor II and swear by it.