gumball machine betta fish tank build

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Tanks' started by el_piraña, Feb 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

How's the tank coming along? Is it still up and running?

2. Click Here!

3. el_piraña

el_piraña Flamingo Tongue

Well I lost the fish, I'm not sure exactly why. Bettas are pretty hardy fish.

I decided to take the tank down, when I was messing with it I think I found a very small leak beginning in the bottom, but can't be completely sure.

I thought of some better ways to build the same type of tank that would be much easier to build and far less likely to cause a leak. I don't think I'll be able to build my new revised tank too soon, I've been much too busy lately, but a new tank will come at some point.

The things I'd like to do different are: 1) use a round, solid piece of glass for the bottom rather than acrylic (less likely to leak w/ silicone), 2) I think there is a way I can heat the base and allow the heat to flow up though the tank rather than putting a heater directly in the water, and 3) I'd like to add some kind of very small canister filter or some type of filtration, I've kept the water up to par via water changes only with my previous design.