GSP Stopped Coming Out

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by JupiterSailfish, Sep 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Im still having trouble with mine. Tried brushing them off, moving them, etc. Still wont come out. Guess I should just wait it out?

2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Holy cow I need to get mine off my rock now. How long did it take to spread like that

4. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

6-7 mos maybe. But...Ive probably fragged square foot off them by now also. When My tank got 9-10 mos old and params got stable everything including the GSP just started growing like crazy.

5. JupiterSailfish

JupiterSailfish Peppermint Shrimp

Do you have Halides? I just put mine up by the overflow, but I'm worried it might get too much light. I want them to spread like yours onto the overflow.

6. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

WoW! Awesome coraline on your LR!

I have T5HOs. GSP is pretty hardy stuff Id say they will grow anywhere under just about any light.

7. JupiterSailfish

JupiterSailfish Peppermint Shrimp

Cool, I hope mine does what yours did. I set my GSP rock against the overflow box at an angle so hopefully it spreads. Do the tentacles on each polyp grow longer or are yours another type?

8. Click Here!

9. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

The polyps extend maybe 1-2" max. Never have gotten longer. When they are spreading/growing it looks like candle wax melting a little further each day.

OH MY GOSH..after that last statement I realize Ive been around tangster too long. LOL

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Under the light you have they will be fine and go wild I put a 1" plug up on a overflow last fall and I have peeled and flused a few thousand since the keep the overflow weirs clear.

Hey I take my meds :) so I'm sure there are far worse you could be around ;D