GSP - Removal?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Reefbuilder, May 1, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Oh I feel your GSP pain. I've been over run with the stuff.Sorry for jacking your thread. If it bothers you I can remove the pics.

image.jpg image.jpg

zesty and Corailline like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I have a bunch too....its a love hate thing....In some areas I love it - its cool looking, it flows in the current, etc. From a look perspective I am really happy with it. BUT - it grows everywhere! Once you have it - you have it - and good luck controlling it. I have it in my tank - and like I said, in some areas I love it. To control it - I typically take the rocks out that I want to get it off of (if I can) and I scrub it off with a wire brush, rinse the rock in saltwater really well and put it back in. For spot treatments - I use Kalk paste - its mostly effective, but not as good as scrubbing. I will say if you are using a wire brush to scrub reef rock - make sure you ware goggles and a face mask.

4. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

ohhhh damn jkat thats harsh

5. ncfishguy

ncfishguy Astrea Snail

Dang that's still nice

6. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I figured how to get it off the rock structure... I am removing the entire thing!