gsp problem?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by supratt, Jun 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. supratt

supratt Fire Shrimp

hey this is my 4th coral and supposed to be one of the easiest to keep. but the problem is that its been in the tank for 5 hours and not one polyp has opened up. there is also a bit of cyno maybe covering some polyps. all my other corals are fine, but im worried about this one. any clues?

2. Click Here!

3. Magnett2

Magnett2 Coral Banded Shrimp

Mine just always has some cyano. Give it time. I can even take a few days permitted your params are good

4. fish-aholic 94

fish-aholic 94 Gigas Clam

Mine didn’t open until the next day. Don’t worry about it, just give it time :)

5. supratt

supratt Fire Shrimp

thanks a bunch :), i mayyy have started out wrong by getting acan and a hammer first THEN gsp and zoas but some far everthing has accually been growing. i think there a new head of the acan coming in and the hammer is spitting

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

agreed with both above

if you find that its not at least showing signs of opening tomorrow
    then a quick blast with a power head to clear any sediment etc that might have blocked the pores is a good idea IMO

in fact removal to a tub of tank water , and a clean with a new baby soft toothbrush, is also a method I have used to motivate reluctant GSP to get back out on parade

Steve

7. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Patience my friend. If your parameters are good, your gsp will be just fine.

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I got a GSP last saturday and it didn't really open up for about 3 days after being in my tank. Now it looks amazing, its will be a week tomorrow.

This is what my GSP looked like about 2 hours after being in my tank. Now it completely opens up everyday.

Attached Files: