GSP Losing Color

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by TheMightyMac, Jan 8, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

You probably need to replace the bulbs. How old are they? From the photo it looks like the lights are loosing spectrum and lumens. This also might explain why it's rebounding so well by being closer to the light. I had a 4 bulb t5 fixture on my 20L before and when It needed new bulbs, the exposure of pictures tend to come out like yours did. As the aperture on phones isn't adjustable ,
    Well on iPhones they aren't ....yet. Lol

2. Click Here!

3. TheMightyMac

TheMightyMac Bristle Worm

The bulbs are about a year old. I'm planning on changing them soon. Although I have heard t5ho can last 18 months?

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Last and efficiently provide the right lighting for corals are two different things. Cheap bulbs are not going last nearly as long.

5. SnooknRedz

More like 6 months on a normal lighting regiment of 8-10 hrs a day. They don't last long. Look into ati bulbs a blue plus and aqua blue special would make your tank light up, and those gsp polyps to pop!

6. TheMightyMac

TheMightyMac Bristle Worm

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll be sure to change my bulbs asap and buy ATI brand.

7. SnooknRedz

Anytime partner, tis' why we are here! You will be very satisfied with the bulbs. And more importantly your coral will too.

If this was me, I would buy yourself 4 bulbs , this way if you need to replace them in another 6-8 months or one burns out,you won't have to wait for shipping etc. just a thought. But definitely get 2 at a min!