Grow LED Lamps by Sunshine Systems

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Theres a lot of future potential with these. Seems to me if they tweaked the color of the leds they put in there lights we would have one awesome coral light. for huge tank systems that need a big fuge I would say these would be worth it for fuge lighting too. Seems a little overkill for a normal sized fuge though.

2. Click Here!

3. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

These cartainly look cool! Its a shame they are getting some neggative feedback.

The idea behind LEDS is they are so efficient you make your money back via electrical costs and the fact that you dont need to replace LEDs for 11 years.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

FWIW I fully support LED's but this one and all the ones built at the same chinese factory and labeling them under dozens of company brands, like the above, suck. They hardly live up to their claims. The company is just buying and selling a product from a major factory. They had no hand in development.

Why does it suck there is negative comments? I much prefer to hear something is bogus prior to me spending money on it.

Shamwow has a great marketing campaign as well :lol:

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Great let the marketing spin begin.

Guess I should invite all the ones I know who have tried these and similar Chinese brands and found they hardly lived up to their claims.

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I would love to try one of these but I don't want to shell out the bux and it not live up to it's expectations.
    On another message board I follow for turf algae scrubbers people are experimenting with leds to grow the algae but I don't think they're working very well.

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Exactly... If they were proven I would be all over it.

8. Click Here!

9. PDCCO

PDCCO Feather Duster

I have been using one of these lights for about 6 months now on my fuge, results have been very good. It is a VERY expensive option though; and unless you have lots of money to burn I would recommend spending the extra $$ on something more useful for your system.

I also have one of these lights for an indoor herb garden, the growth and health of the plants compared to stardard flourescent bulbs has been about the same, so again -- its a cool opion, but a rather expensive one.

When the price drops 50% as competition and production of these types of products evolve, then they will be worth the money. ATM they are still overpriced IMHO.

1 person likes this.