Grim's 210g (Final update.)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Thatgrimguy, May 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That's a tough one, Grim. My oldest son works with/for me, it's not always easy to make decisions when family is involved. Go with what you know, and make the decision that would make you happiest.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Working for with family is one of the most difficult things I have ever done...

Family business is an oxymoron... Business is all about results and production. Family is all about eternal love.. the two are diametrically opposed...

4. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

My dad used to run a Family Practice clinic with my Uncle but, my Uncle's house burnt down and he moved to New Orleans. Although before that tragedy it was a bit messy because my uncle never put in his hours and such.He also got drunk at the Christmas party and he broke his leg because he was riding a mini bike in the halls and he hit a wall......that's just an example of the types of things he did.

Although a lot family businesses are super successful, that's a hard decision......is your dad giving you Hyundai and your brother Toyota/Scion?

5. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Family or not, don't make your decision based off of emotion. Do what's best for you. That's what I would tell my son, whether he decided to work for me or not.

1 person likes this.
  6. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

Sounds like a good proposition, Your brother and sister may see it differently though.... I don't know your situation but, if I had to guess they would probably view it as you were trying to get a larger piece of the pie. I have five siblings so if one gets more then the other....they/we talk. :-/ Is your dad sick?

I think it's best that you bought your shares, much more rewarding. I see a lot of boat company owner's kids become bums because they never work and they receive checks every month from their parents company, so they just do pot and get into trouble. It's quite sad because a lot of them are very smart and could work themselves up into their parents multimillion dollar companies, I guess they just don't see what they have.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  7. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

Wow that's crazy we'll best of luck to you either way, dang and here I was looking foward to seeing a bad ass nps system in Vegas :)

8. Click Here!

9. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

I just realized I know which Toyota dealer is yours, I see it right off of I-10 whenever we drive in that direction.

10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I want to report this picture! ;)

So sad to see something so beautiful come apart.