Grim's 210g (Final update.)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Thatgrimguy, May 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Thank you!! Now is the hard part... taking it slow and not populating too fast.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

1st scape... 300lbs of some seriously porous rock... great stuff! I may pull about 40 lbs of it to lower the structure so my sps doesn't reach too high so fast. I feel it's a bit rock heavy anyhow. I have a big chunk in the sump as well because I had no place to fit it in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Well... I already redid it to lower the structure... Still may remove some, but have to wait till the dust settles again lol

5. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

well I def like the caves and ledges you were able to build, yeah that def is alot of rock, I'm interested to c how it looks now that you took some out
    PS any estimation on how long the sol blues are back ordered?

6. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I think you have a really great rock setup, like you mentioned I would take out a few of them. IMHO the rocks in the middle closest to the front portion of the tank I would remove and also the one laying on it's side near the lower left(technically it's the right corner but from the picture it's on the left side) corner of the tank.

Or I might do is take out the ones in the front on both corners and leave the middle.

Keep it up and post more pictures :)

7. xavier613

xavier613 Astrea Snail

^^ I agree, I found that its more important and beneficial to have less rocks and more room for corals to grow in together and room for the fish to swim. But the general formation looks great. Coming along nicely.

8. Click Here!

9. antdizzle

antdizzle Peppermint Shrimp

looks like its coming together !

10. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Scape looks awesome.

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I'm not expecting to see them for as long as mid July... Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised with an early delivery though!

I should be able to get some good shots after work of the new layout. I really like it. I only ended up taking out 2 large pieces and rearranging a few others... I tend to do and redo my scapes a lot... helps me be patient while waiting on the cycle, lol.

It's tough to really know what it will look like with light on it, right now I have a bunch of crazy shadows because I just have a regular house track light with 5 pucks pointing at the tank.

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Some cloudy pics of the new scape.. I may still make some minor adjustments. But I think this is pretty close... I wish I could see it with proper lighting... I need to quit messing with it long enough to get some pictures while it's clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]