Grim's 210g (Final update.)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Thatgrimguy, May 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Cycle begins!! Rock went in, not scaped yet, and sump is hooked up! Thank god for my LFS! They hooked me all up and didn't even charge me! (they got every piece of equipment though.) Rock was placed in the tank tonight, once the water clears I'll scape it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. R33f

R33f Astrea Snail

I can't wait to see the scape you come up with after seeing your 30g!

4. Cjiggajess

Cjiggajess Bristle Worm

Once ur done ill so come over to do dishes to be able to look at that tank :lol:

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

If you're willing to do laundry you could stay longer!! ;D

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Thank you!! I'm hoping to lay out the pieces today and get started. Hoping it will clear up enough to see.

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I need help scaping!!! I finally got my filration running and the water cleared up... Now I need to pull all this rock out and see what I'm working with and start the scape... Running up and down the ladder is a pain.. I need a helper!

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Ruminus

Ruminus Astrea Snail

1 plane ticket from UT to MS and I'll run up and down that ladder all day just for the chance to work on such a gorgeous tank! You can just supervise.

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Hmmm... Tank won the first round.. As soon as I started moving rock it clouded (duh, I know.. at least now I do)... So I pulled out 50-60% of the rock and topped off with RO/DI and have it filtering...

How long will the live rock stay "live" on my living room floor? I have it wrapped in towels that are damp with tank water...

11. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

I subscribed, after seeing that 30 gal I can't wait to c what you do with the 210 congrats and the whole setup is looking great so far, what are you doing in the way of lighting??

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I went with the SOL Blue LED setup from Aquaillumination(still on backorder though). I'm going to see how hanging them from the ceiling looks, if I don't like it I will build a canopy.

I am getting close on the aquascape, pics incoming after the most recent dust storm settles.... (probably tomorrow)